RN Frigates: Type 26 City Class

Add your posts about Royal Navy ships in this section
ivorthediver

Re: RN Frigates: Type 26 City Class

Unread post by ivorthediver »

Hmmmmm I sense a bit of lamp swinging here David ;) , I can probably knock up a transmitter / receiver for that model if pushed :?
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Another really good news story for the Royal Navy and UK industry:
Canadian government has announced it has selected Type 26 frigate design for its programme to build 15 new frigates. LM & BAE Systems are the “preferred bidder"
The 8 x Royal Navy Type 26 Frigates will be joined by 9 x Australian Hunter class and potentially 15 x Canadian CSCs. (Total 32 ships with great commonalty)
Operational benefits in shared training, doctrine & sensitive ASW tech. Economies of scale in procurement and through-life cost.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
ivorthediver

Brilliant news David , just what we need right now , and a phycological boost for the RN when it needs it most .

I shall drink to their successful completion :D
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
ivorthediver

Well as one who hails from that neck of the woods I can only agree and share that pride expressed in the name

HMS LONDON :D
Little h

Unread post by Little h »

NavyLookout @NavyLookout on Twitter

.@mainstay_marine win contract to build, fabricate and outfit the communications pole masts for the first 3 Type 26 Frigates (HMS Glasgow, Cardiff & Belfast)

Mainstay Marine Solutions

Short excerpt from article titled Mainstay takes Pole Position
Mainstay Marine, workboat builders and marine engineers in South West Wales, has been awarded a contract from STS Defence to build, fabricate and outfit the integrated communications masts for the Royal Navy’s first three Type 26, City Class frigates.

Over a five-year programme Mainstay will manufacture, assemble and complete the outfitting of six masts for the first three ships. The Type 26 Frigate will replace the current Type 23 Anti-Submarine Warfare Frigates.

Stewart Graves Managing Director commented ‘’Mainstay is delighted to be involved in the project of such national importance. It is a great endorsement of Mainstay and its prospects for future growth and development.”
Dry4BTWWwAAYL3z.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Little h
ivorthediver

All good news Harry , lets hope these "intentions"reach the water undiluted and not pilfered for other pressing items eh
Little h

ivorthediver wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:10 pm All good news Harry , lets hope these "intentions"reach the water undiluted and not pilfered for other pressing items eh
I'd hope that these particular items don't ever reach the water Ivor - under any circumstances ;) ..... that would smack of a certain Norwegian Frigate's current disposition :o
Last edited by Little h on Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Little h
ivorthediver

I'm sure your right Harry , but I can't see the validity of your comment re Norway other than a ship in distress due to turning off equipment that could warn them of oncoming disaster .

Am I missing something here :?:
Little h

ivorthediver wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:41 pm ........... I can't see the validity of your comment re Norway other than a ship in distress due to turning off equipment that could warn them of oncoming disaster .

Am I missing something here :?:
Only a wrye comment about the extremely close proximity to the water of the aerials/antennae on the beached frigate .... but for those steel wires she could well have been on her side with the stbd side aerial/antenna submerged.

That's all Ivor - we certainly don't ever want to see a Type 26 keeled that far over.
Little h
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Royal Navy”