Iran-Israel Confrontation

Make your posts about Naval, together with Joint and Inter Service Execises on this thread. NATO, SEATO, etc.
Pelican

Iran-Israel Confrontation

Unread post by Pelican »

OSINTdefender
Israel’s Defense of last night’s Iranian Missile and Drone Attack is Estimated to have Costed over $1.3 Billion in Jet Fuel, Surface-to-Air Missile Interceptors, Air-to-Air Missiles, and other Military Equipment that was utilized by Israeli Air Defense Array; with an “Arrow 3” Hypersonic Anti-Ballistic Missile alone believed to Cost between $5-20 Million.

The Spokesman of the Israel Defense Force, Rear Admiral Daniel Hagari has made a Statement reporting that 99% of the Threats that were launched tonight against Israel by Iran were Intercepted which is a Very Significant Strategic Achievement; he further states that out of 170 One-Way “Suicide” Drone and 30 Land-Attack Cruise Missiles launched by Iran, 0 were able to enter Israeli Airspace and 25 of the Cruise Missiles were Downed by the Israeli Air Force. Alongside that, of the 120 Medium-Range Ballistic Missiles only a few Impacted the Territory of Israel having Struck the Area of Nevatim Airbase in the Negev Desert causing Minor Damage to Infrastructure; however despite the Damage, the Base is still Operational and Preparing to receive the 3 Squadrons of F-35s that are Stationed at the Base and have been Airborne tonight conducting Interceptions.

Updated Interception data according to IDF
170/170 or (100%) of OWA-UAV's intercepted.
113/120 or (94.1%) Ballistic Missiles (no specific number of interceptions given just that "some hit Nevatim Airbase resulting in minor damage" Currently, 7 missile impacts have been recorded in Israel.
30/30 or (100%) of Cruise Missiles intercepted.
25 of the 30 Cruise Missiles intercepted by Israeli Air Force.
[The other 5 cruise missiles targeted at Nevatim airbase were intercepted by the USN]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Re: Iran-Israel Confrontation

Unread post by Pelican »

Laser Rocket Anti-Drone Systems Being Rushed To U.S. Forces In The Middle East

The Navy put in an order for new Electronic Advanced Ground Launcher System just ahead of Iran’s missile and drone strikes on Israel.

The U.S. Navy recently put in a rush order for new counter-drone systems that use laser-guided 70mm rockets as their effectors to help defend American forces in the Middle East. The Electronic Advanced Ground Launcher System (EAGLS) is very similar in form and function to U.S.-supplied VAMPIREs that Ukrainians are now using in combat. The purchase of the EAGLS came just days ahead of Iran's unprecedented missile and drone strikes on Israel, which have only added to long-standing concerns about uncrewed aerial and other threats to U.S. forces in the region.

Naval Air Systems Command (NAVAIR) announced on April 12 that it had awarded a firm-fixed-price contract with a not-to-exceed value of $24,186,464 to MSI Defense Solutions for the purchase of five EAGLS Counter-Unmanned Aerial Systems (C-UAS). This sole-source deal also includes various ancillary items and training support.

EAGLS uses laser-guided 70mm Advanced Precision Killer Weapon System II (APKWS II) rockets, as seen in the video below, to knock down drones.

Continues https://www.twz.com/land/laser-rocket-a ... iddle-east
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

OSINTdefender
Two U.S. Defense Officials have now Confirmed that Saturday Night marks the First Operational Combat Use of the Standard Missile-3 (SM-3) aboard the Arleigh Burke-Class Guided-Missile Destroyer; as the USS Arleigh Burke (DDG-51) and the USS Carney (DDG-64), who were both Deployed in the Eastern Mediterranean off the Coast of Israel, reportedly launched between 4 to 7 SM-3s to Intercept upwards of 5 Iranian Medium-Range Ballistic Missiles that were attempting to Target several Airbases in the South of Israel. While not stated, the SM-3 and the SPY-1D Radar aboard both of the Ships is Capable of conducting Exoatmospheric Interceptions though it is Unknown if the ones seen on Saturday Night were executed by SM-3s or the Israeli “Arrow 3” which is also Exoatmospheric Intercept-Capable.

Also https://news.usni.org/2024/04/15/sm-3-b ... ls-confirm
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

OSINTdefender
A Senior U.S. Official has now told ABC News what Israeli Journalist for Axios, Barak Ravid said earlier today which is that Israel is unlikely to launch a Retaliatory Strike against Iran until after Passover which Ends on April 30th; the Official also stated that despite this, High-Ranking Members of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) as well as other Iranian Leadership are still on High Alert, with some Hiding in Safe Houses and Underground Bunkers.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “International Developments and Joint Service Exercises”