Tribal Class Destroyers

Building a model? Need help with it? Show the work in progress or the completed project, etc.
ivorthediver

Re: Tribal Class Destroyers

Unread post by ivorthediver »

I have had the honour of meeting and seeing he's work and some of the sea boats he has made I have bought and fitted to my models, as I could nether match his standard for the price asked .

He is tucked away about 15 mins drive from me and has a workshop to die for , but most of his work is commissions for museums and companies , and is a very high standard[ being a full time model maker] , and can demand the prices one of his models attracts Tim .which are waterline models and glass case display models .....not my area..... as mine are working Radio Control models and his are precision metal creations .
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
timlewin

Unread post by timlewin »

I have never met him but he presented this model to dad, I believe he actually made it as Cossack but then changed the pennant number to transfer identity to Ashanti, its a very fine model about 3 feet long in a plexiglass case. difficult to photograph tho!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ivorthediver

Unread post by ivorthediver »

These photo's remind me of the porthole drainage rings above each scuttle and the agonising time it took to bend them all perfectly around the portholes and then secure , it seemed to take forever but it was probably only a week but at the end you were cross eyed and had cramp in both wrests :(

If you were presented with that Tim you had a valuable piece of model which commands a high price on the market if the buyer is aware of its pedigree .

He also processes the finest library of photo's on WW2 ships I have seen to date .
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
timlewin

Unread post by timlewin »

I will present this model on permanent loan to the Loch Ewe museum as soon as someone volunteers to drive it up there for me, its only right to share it, I ve had it 20 years now.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Model Makers Section”