RN Barracks - HMS Pembroke (Chatham)

Use this section for UK Naval Shore Bases and Naval Air Stations
jbryce1437

RN Barracks - HMS Pembroke (Chatham)

Unread post by jbryce1437 »

Chatham barracks drillshed

chatham-barracks-drill-shed.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HMS Raleigh 1963 , HMS Collingwood 1963 & 67 , HMS Ark Royal 1964-7, HMS Undaunted 1968-71, HMS Victory (Fleet Maintenance Group) 1971-72, HMS Exmouth 1972-74
JEM, EM, OEM, LOEM, POOEL
Then 28 years in the Fire Brigade
Retired since 2002
limeybiker

Re: RN Barracks - HMS Pembroke (Chatham)

Unread post by limeybiker »

Drew my tot there for three years.
Joined RNB Chatham from the Victorious February 1960, three months shy of my 20th birthday after drawing my tot on the Vic for almost three years,
I swapped my fag ration with a steward, wish I could remember his name, he probably saved my life.
When I became "G", on May 12th I joined the queue every tot time, when we got to the front the duty Jack Dusty pretended to punch the ticket, gulped it down and went to the back of the queue, I think my record was four, but memory these days is hazy.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  • Up Spirits
    It’s Tot Time
    somewhere in the World
Yours Aye
Barry and Sharon Lockyer
Sunny Ocala, FL 34476 USA
http://www.barrylockyer.com/[/b]
jbryce1437

Re: RN Barracks - HMS Pembroke (Chatham)

Unread post by jbryce1437 »

limeybiker wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:44 pm Drew my tot there for three years.
Joined RNB Chatham from the Victorious February 1960, three months shy of my 20th birthday after drawing my tot on the Vic for almost three years,
I swapped my fag ration with a steward, wish I could remember his name, he probably saved my life.
When I became "G", on May 12th I joined the queue every tot time, when we got to the front the duty Jack Dusty pretended to punch the ticket, gulped it down and went to the back of the queue, I think my record was four, but memory these days is hazy.
Drew my first tot on killicks course at Collingwood. Similar routine, round and round putting different clobber on for each trip :-)
Jim
HMS Raleigh 1963 , HMS Collingwood 1963 & 67 , HMS Ark Royal 1964-7, HMS Undaunted 1968-71, HMS Victory (Fleet Maintenance Group) 1971-72, HMS Exmouth 1972-74
JEM, EM, OEM, LOEM, POOEL
Then 28 years in the Fire Brigade
Retired since 2002
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “UK Naval Bases Past and Present - Royal Navy”