Operation Prosperity Guardian - Red Sea, Bab al-Mandeb narrows and Gulf of Aden

Make your posts about Naval, together with Joint and Inter Service Execises on this thread. NATO, SEATO, etc.
Pelican

Re: Operation Prosperity Guardian - Red Sea, Bab al-Mandeb narrows and Gulf of Aden

Unread post by Pelican »

British frigate opens fire with missiles in Red Sea combate

HMS Richmond has fired her Sea Ceptor missiles, shooting down two Houthi drones.
On Saturday 9th March, HMS Richmond fired missiles and shot down hostile Houthi drones heading towards the ship.

See - https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/british ... ea-combat/

Navy Lookout
Footage of HMS Richmond engaging Houthi attack drones in the early hours of this morning.
In darkness, this is not very spectacular because CAMM/Sea Ceptor uses soft vertical launch (SVL). A pressurised gas generator ejects the missile out of the tube via a piston with enough momentum to get about 30m above the ship before the rocket motors ignite.
See - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5V7Ga7yK5I0
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Re: Operation Prosperity Guardian - Red Sea, Bab al-Mandeb narrows and Gulf of Aden

Unread post by Pelican »

U.S. Central Command

US and Coalition Defeat Houthi Attack in Red Sea Area

Following further engagements through the morning, U.S. and Coalition forces downed a total of at least 28 uncrewed aerial vehicles between 4:00 a.m. and
8:20 a.m. (Sanaa time) on Mar. 9. No U.S. or Coalition Navy vessels were damaged in the attack and there were also no reports by commercial ships of damage.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Pelican wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:27 am British frigate opens fire with missiles in Red Sea combate

HMS Richmond has fired her Sea Ceptor missiles, shooting down two Houthi drones.
On Saturday 9th March, HMS Richmond fired missiles and shot down hostile Houthi drones heading towards the ship.

See - https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/british ... ea-combat/

Navy Lookout
Footage of HMS Richmond engaging Houthi attack drones in the early hours of this morning.
In darkness, this is not very spectacular because CAMM/Sea Ceptor uses soft vertical launch (SVL). A pressurised gas generator ejects the missile out of the tube via a piston with enough momentum to get about 30m above the ship before the rocket motors ignite.
See - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5V7Ga7yK5I0

First kills for Sea Ceptor. HMS Richmond downs 2 attack drones

Serving as part of a coalition force that repelled multiple attack drones launched by Houthi rebels, HMS Richmond destroyed 2 aerial drones with her Sea Ceptor missile system.

The US now says that its forces and Coalition partners downed a total of at least 28 Houthi one-way attack drones fired into the Red Sea and Gulf of Aden between 4:00am and 8:20am local time this morning.

HMS Richmond is the first warship to fire the Sea Ceptor missile system in combat. The MoD also published video showing the launches and EOD camera footage of the engagement which took place within visual range.

See - https://www.navylookout.com/first-kills ... ck-drones/
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Intelschizo
11MAR2024 Updated Infographic of Houthi Missiles, Drones, USV's, UUV'S, Boat launches/interceptions.

Total Interceptions/Strikes by US and Coalition Forces.
5x ASCM
9x LACM
14x ASBM
147x UAV
18x USV
3x Speed boats
1x UUV
33x ASBM Launch Sites
71x ASCM Launch Sites
4x LACM Launch Sites
23x Drones on ground
3x+ SAM
3+ Radar Site
2+ Helicopters

Total Missiles, UAV, USV launched by Houthis
5x ASCM
9x LACM
62x ASBM
175x Drones
2x USV
Total ASBM fired and or destroyed on ground 95.
Total ASCM fired and or destroyed on ground 76.
Total LACM fired and or destroyed on ground 11.
Total UAV fired and or destroyed on ground 201.
Total USV launched and or destroyed in port 18.
Total UUV launched and or destroyed1.

Causalities
3x Civilian Merchant Sailors killed
4x Civilian Merchant Sailors wounded
1x Civilian Merchant Ship sunk
13~ Civilian Merchant Ships damaged
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

OSINTdefender
The U.K. Office of Maritime Trade Operations is reporting the First Attack by the Houthi Terrorist Group for the Month of Ramadan, as a Commercial Shipping Vessel that was 71nm off the Coast of Saleef, Yemen coming under Attack earlier today by at least 2 Anti-Ship Ballistic Missiles with both missing.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

HMS Diamond heads back to the Red Sea and Gulf of Aden to protect global shipping

One of the UK’s most advanced warships is heading back to the Red Sea to protect global shipping from Houthi attacks.

See - https://www.gov.uk/government/news/hms- ... l-shipping
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Navy Lookout
After handing over to returning HMS Diamond in the Red Sea on Operation Prosperity Guardian, HMS Richmond will return to the UK via Saudi Arabia for a period of maintenance and resupply.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Intelschizo reposted
The Italian Navy D554 “Caio Duilio” shot down 2 more Houthi drones last night [11th March] in the Red Sea.
No further details have been provided for now.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

U.S. Central Command

March 11 Red Sea Update

Between 8:50 a.m. and 12:50 p.m. (Sanaa time) on March 11, Iranian-backed Houthi terrorists fired two anti-ship ballistic missiles from Houthi-controlled areas of into the Red Sea toward merchant vessel Pinocchio, a Singaporean-owned, Liberian-flagged ship. The missiles did not impact the vessel and there were no injuries or damage reported.

Between 2:50-11:30 p.m. (Sanaa time) on March 11, United States Central Command conducted six self-defense strikes destroying an unmanned underwater vessel and 18 anti-ship missiles in Houthi controlled areas of Yemen. It was determined these weapons presented an imminent threat to merchant vessels and U.S. Navy ships in the region. These actions are taken to protect freedom of navigation and make international waters safer and more secure for U.S. Navy and merchant vessels.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Royal Navy
Thank you, HMS Richmond.
The frigate has completed her 5 weeks in harm's way in the Red Sea - culminating in downing 2 Houthi drones with Sea Ceptor.
She's handed over duties to HMS Diamond, beginning her second stint safeguarding shipping.
See - https://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/news-and-l ... es-patrols
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “International Developments and Joint Service Exercises”