Operation Prosperity Guardian - Red Sea, Bab al-Mandeb narrows and Gulf of Aden

Make your posts about Naval, together with Joint and Inter Service Execises on this thread. NATO, SEATO, etc.
Pelican

Re: Operation Prosperity Guardian - Red Sea, Bab al-Mandeb narrows and Gulf of Aden

Unread post by Pelican »

United Kingdom Maritime Trade Operations (UKMTO)
UKMTO WARNING INCIDENT 046
UPDATE 003
ATTACK
Warnings - 2024 (http://ukmto.org)
See attached.

The Company which owns the Barbados-Flagged and U.S-Owned Cargo Ship, M/V True Confidence which was Struck earlier today in the Gulf of Aden by a Houthi Anti-Ship Ballistic Missile has stated that a Large Fire is currently Burning onboard its entire Deck and that the Ship is being Swept Away by Rough Waves; they further state that they have Lost Contact with 20 Crewmembers and 3 Armed Guards that were on the Ship when it was Attacked.

OSINTdefender
U.S. Defense Officials are now reporting that the Houthi Anti-Ship Ballistic Missile Attack on the M/V True Confidence in the Gulf of Aden has resulted in the First Fatalities since the Attacks began in November.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Re: Operation Prosperity Guardian - Red Sea, Bab al-Mandeb narrows and Gulf of Aden

Unread post by Pelican »

Houthi Attacks Turn Deadly

LONDON, March 6 (Reuters) – Two seafarers were killed in a Houthi missile attack on a Red Sea merchant ship on Wednesday, British and U.S. officials said, the first fatalities reported since the Iran-aligned Yemeni group began strikes against shipping in one of the world’s busiest sea lanes.

The Houthis claimed responsibility for the attack, which set the Greek-owned, Barbados-flagged ship True Confidence ablaze around 50 nautical miles off the coast of Yemen’s port of Aden.

In a statement on X directly responding to the Houthi claim, Britain’s embassy wrote: “At least 2 innocent sailors have died. This was the sad but inevitable consequence of the Houthis recklessly firing missiles at internationalshipping. They must stop.”

“Our deepest condolences are with the families of those that have died and those that were wounded.”

A senior U.S. official also confirmed two sailors had died.

Continues at - https://gcaptain.com/houthi-attacks-tur ... onfidence/
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

U.S. Central Command

Houthis Kill Innocent Civilians with Missile Attack

At approximately 11:30 a.m. (Sanaa time) Mar. 6, an anti-ship ballistic missile (ASBM) was launched from Iranian-backed Houthi terrorist-controlled areas of Yemen toward M/V True Confidence, a Barbados-flagged, Liberian-owned bulk carrier, while transiting the Gulf of Aden. The missile struck the vessel, and the multinational crew reports three fatalities, at least four injuries, of which three are in critical condition, and significant damage to the ship.

The crew abandoned the ship and coalition warships responded and are assessing the situation.

This is the fifth ASBM fired by Houthis in the last two days. Two of these ASBMs impacted two shipping vessels - M/V MSC Sky II and M/V True Confidence - and one ASBM was shot down by USS Carney (DDG 64).

These reckless attacks by the Houthis have disrupted global trade and taken the lives of international seafarers.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Another photo of True Confidence.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Indian Navy to the Rescue | Tough Week for MSC Fleet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lV78M4wd7S0&t=10s
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

U.S. Central Command

March 7 Red Sea Update

Between the hours of 3:35 p.m. and 4:55 p.m. (Sanaa time), United States Central Command (CENTCOM) conducted self-defense strikes against four mobile Houthi anti-ship cruise missiles (ASCM) and one Houthi unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) in Houthi-controlled areas of Yemen.

Additionally, during this timeframe CENTCOM forces shot down three UAVs launched from Iranian-backed Houthi-controlled areas of Yemen toward the Gulf of Aden.

These actions are taken to protect freedom of navigation and make international waters safer and more secure for U.S. Navy and merchant vessels.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

OSINTdefender
U.S. President Biden announced tonight during his State of the Union Address that he has ordered the Department of Defense to launch an “Emergency Military Operation” to Establish a Temporary Port off the Coast of the Gaza Strip to ensure that Humanitarian Shipments of Food, Water, Medicine, and Shelter are able to reach the Palestinian People; this Operation was revealed earlier today by Defense Officials who stated that it will likely not require “Boots on the Ground” in Gaza and will involve the Transfer of Aid from Cyprus to Gaza by Elements of the U.S. Army and Navy.
[Attached is an example as to how this might be achieved.]
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Navy Lookout
Early this morning US Navy vessels and aircraft along with multiple coalition navy ships and aircraft shot down 15 Houthi attack drones fired into the Red Sea and Gulf of Aden.
(Unclear if HMS Richmond / HMS Diamond involved)
(Library photo)

EUNAVFOR ASPIDES
On 9 March 2024, between 0400 and 0700 (Djibouti time), an EUNAVFOR ASPIDES French destroyer [FS Alsace] shot down 4 UAVs flying an attack profile from Houthi-controlled territories and posed a direct threat to the freedom of navigation.

Danish Frigate HDMS Iver Huitfeldt shot down 4 of the drones.
See - https://www.forsvaret.dk/da/nyheder/202 ... -rode-hav/
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

U.S. Central Command

US and Coalition Defeat Houthi Attack in Red Sea Area

Between 4 a.m. and 6:30 a.m. (Sanaa time), Iranian-backed Houthi terrorists conducted a large-scale uncrewed aerial vehicle (UAV) attack into the Red Sea and Gulf of Aden. CENTCOM and coalition forces identified the one-way attack (OWA) UAVs and determined that they presented an imminent threat to merchant vessels, U.S. Navy, and coalition ships in the region. U.S. Navy vessels and aircraft along with multiple coalition navy ships and aircraft shot down 15 OWA UAVs. These actions are taken to protect freedom of navigation and make international waters safer and more secure.

U.S. Central Command

March 8 Red Sea Update

At approximately 9:50 a.m. (Sanaa time), United States Central Command conducted a self-defense strike against two Iranian-backed Houthi terrorists’ truck-mounted anti-ship missiles in Houthi-controlled areas of Yemen.

At approximately 3:55 p.m. (Sanaa time), Houthi terrorists fired two anti-ship ballistic missiles from Yemen into the Gulf of Aden at M/V Propel Fortune, a Singapore-flagged, owned, and operated vessel. The missiles did not impact the vessel. There were no injuries or damages reported.

These actions are taken to protect freedom of navigation and make international waters safer and more secure for U.S. Navy and merchant vessels.
Brian James

Unread post by Brian James »

HMS Richmond fired Sea Ceptor missiles on Saturday, shooting down two Houthi drones
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “International Developments and Joint Service Exercises”