Operation Prosperity Guardian - Red Sea, Bab al-Mandeb narrows and Gulf of Aden

Make your posts about Naval, together with Joint and Inter Service Execises on this thread. NATO, SEATO, etc.
Pelican

Re: Operation Prosperity Guardian - Red Sea, Bab al-Mandeb narrows and Gulf of Aden

Unread post by Pelican »

U.S. Central Command

March 12 Red Sea Update

Between 2:00 a.m. and 4:30 a.m. (Sanaa time) on March 12, Iranian-backed Houthi terrorists fired one close-range ballistic missile from Houthi-controlled areas of Yemen toward USS Laboon in the Red Sea. The missile did not impact the vessel and there were no injuries or damage reported.

United States Central Command and a coalition vessel successfully engaged and destroyed two unmanned aerial systems (UAS) launched from a Houthi-controlled area of Yemen.

It was determined these weapons presented an imminent threat to merchant vessels and U.S. Navy ships. These actions are taken to protect freedom of navigation and make international waters safer and more secure for U.S. Navy and merchant vessels.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Re: Operation Prosperity Guardian - Red Sea, Bab al-Mandeb narrows and Gulf of Aden

Unread post by Pelican »

U.S. Central Command

March 13 Daily Red Sea Update

Between 2:00 a.m. and 4:50 p.m. (Sanaa time) on March 13, Iranian-backed Houthi terrorists fired one anti-ship ballistic missile from Houthi-controlled areas of Yemen into the Gulf of Aden. The missile did not impact any vessels and there were no injuries or damage reported.

United States Central Command then successfully engaged and destroyed four unmanned aerial systems (UAVs) and one surface-to-air missile in Houthi-controlled areas of Yemen.

It was determined these weapons presented an imminent threat to merchant vessels and U.S. Navy ships in the region. These actions are taken to protect freedom of navigation and make international waters safer and more secure for U.S. Navy and merchant vessels.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

OSINTdefender
Russian State Media is claiming that the Houthi Terrorist Group in Western Yemen has conducted a Successful Test of a Hypersonic Missile with Speeds in excess of Mach 8 (6,200 Miles per Hour) which it plans to soon Introduce to its Weapon Arsenal for use during Attacks against Targets in the Red Sea and Gulf of Aden as well as Israel; they further state that the Houthis have now also Completed any Overhaul of their Anti-Ship Missiles and One-Way “Suicide” Drones which will give them Double their previous Destructive Power.
See - https://sputnikglobe.com/20240314/yemen ... 15182.html
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Navy Lookout
Greek frigate HS Hydra shot down 2 Houthi drones in the Gulf of Aden yesterday while serving on Operation Aspides
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

U.S. Central Command

March 14 Red Sea Update

Between 6:50 a.m. on March 14 and 12:40 a.m. on March 15 (Sanaa time), Iranian-backed Houthi terrorists fired two anti-ship ballistic missiles (ASBMs) from Houthi-controlled areas of Yemen toward the Gulf of Aden and two additional ASBMs towards the Red Sea. There were no injuries or damage reported to U.S. or coalition ships.

Additionally, United States Central Command successfully engaged and destroyed nine anti-ship missiles and two unmanned aerial vehicles in Houthi-controlled areas of Yemen. It was determined these weapons presented an imminent threat to merchant vessels and U.S. Navy ships in the region. These actions are taken to protect freedom of navigation and make international waters safer and more secure for U.S. Navy and merchant vessels.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

U.S. Central Command

March 15 Red Sea Update

Between approximately 8:30 and 10:50 p.m. (Sanaa time) on March 15, Iranian-backed Houthi terrorists fired three anti-ship ballistic missiles from Houthi-controlled areas of Yemen toward the Red Sea. There were no injuries or damage reported by U.S., coalition, or commercial ships.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

U.S. Central Command

March 16 Red Sea Update

On March 16, between 7:50 a.m. and 8:15 a.m. (Sanaa time), Iranian-backed Houthis launched two unmanned Aerial vehicles (UAV) from Houthi-controlled areas of Yemen toward the Red Sea. United States Central Command (CENTCOM) forces successfully engaged and destroyed one UAV and the other is presumed to have crashed into the Red Sea. There were no reports of damage or injuries from ships in the vicinity.

Between 9 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. (Sanaa time), CENTCOM destroyed five unmanned surface vessels and one UAV in Houthi-controlled areas of Yemen in self-defense. It was determined these weapons presented an imminent threat to merchant vessels and U.S. Navy ships in the region. These actions are taken to protect freedom of navigation and make international waters safer and more secure for U.S. Navy and merchant vessels.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Navy Lookout
BBCs Beale Jonathan's report from on board USS Dwight D Eisenhower in the Red Sea.
The most intense challenge to USN since WWII - could be fired upon every day.
Threats faced by the carrier group include Houthi anti-ship ballistic & cruise missiles and armed UAVs, USVs & UUVs.
Carrier aircraft have have dropped more than 300 bombs / missiles.
See - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-68595451
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

U.S. Central Command

March 18 Red Sea Update

On March 18, between 1:00 p.m. and 7:40 p.m. (Sanaa time) United States Central Command (CENTCOM) forces successfully engaged and destroyed seven anti-ship missiles, three unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV), and three weapons storage containers in Houthi-controlled areas of Yemen in self-defense. It was determined these weapons presented an imminent threat to merchant vessels and U.S. Navy ships in the region.

These actions are taken to protect freedom of navigation and make international waters safer and more secure for U.S. Navy and merchant vessels.

Security Council Press Statement on Situation in Red Sea and Baab al-Mandab
https://press.un.org/en/2024/sc15631.doc.htm
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Navy Lookout
French Defence Ministry has released a video of Houthi drone being shot down by a frigate's helicopter (FS Alsace / AS565 Panther ?) in Red Sea.
Moment of destruction not captured in the video - sounds like gunfire used to down drone.
Video at - https://twitter.com/NavyLookout/status/ ... 6023768231
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “International Developments and Joint Service Exercises”