RN Aircraft Carriers: Audacious / Eagle Class 1951

Add your posts about Royal Navy ships in this section
designeraccd

Re: RN Aircraft Carriers: Audacious / Eagle Class 1951

Unread post by designeraccd »

Changes to EAGLE and ARK ROYAL seemed to be constant! Here are some fairly early shots with all 16-4.5" AA, plus some of her end.... :(

I finally built a second (late) model of the ARK after I had modified my first one 3 times!!! DFO
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ivorthediver

Unread post by ivorthediver »

Thanks for the shots Dennis , sorry you had so many refits to the Model ........ooooo the life of us modellers :lol:
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
Brian James

Unread post by Brian James »

HMS Eagle pictured entering Plymouth Sound, 1970.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
designeraccd

Unread post by designeraccd »

Now some views of the "BIG" Ark Royal with her various "looks"! I finally gave up modifying my little model, built a second in @ her final fit :D

The last 2 pics show the contrast between early and late. Quite a few pounds expended to keep her up to date, given her limited size......DFO
Brian James

Audacious Class Carrier HMS Eagle pictured in the early 1950's.
Brian James

HMS Eagle pictured in 1960.
timlewin

Unread post by timlewin »

Here are some Ark photos from a little album they prepared for TTL when he visited late in her career, few more to follow, plus one from her in the building stages.
tim
timlewin

few more...……...
timlewin

not sure who these carriers are under construction at H&W, the advert is from 1950-51 Janes. The picture of Corunna with Eagle, taken by one of Eagles helos is from 1956 approx., give or take a few months.
ivorthediver

Unread post by ivorthediver »

timlewin wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:54 am Here are some Ark photos from a little album they prepared for TTL when he visited late in her career, few more to follow, plus one from her in the building stages.
tim
Good Grief Tim , the last photo of the first batch reminds me of " Phoenix Rising from the Ashes"
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Royal Navy”