RN Frigates: Type 31 Inspiration Class

Add your posts about Royal Navy ships in this section
Pelican

Re: RN Frigates: Type 31 Inspiration Class

Unread post by Pelican »

Gabriele Molinelli
Lovely view of future HMS Venturer's bridge going up in the Rosyth build hall.
Thanks to Chris Cozens MEng MA CEng FIMechE for sharing the vista.
https://www.linkedin.com/posts/chris-co ... er_desktop

Also:
HMSVenturer
Heavy Engineering (literally) - 'Drop Stern' is now complete, marking steady progress in the Ship's build.
Note the white 'A' brackets which will now be aligned, that will later house the propeller shafts.
[See previous post and photo.]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Second Sea Lord
Martin J Connell First Warfare Officer to stand on the newly installed bridge of Type 31 HMS Venturer RN - achieved ✅👍
Thanks to Cdr Cozens and his team and to Babcock plc for the constructive discussions.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Navy’s new frigate HMS Venturer welcomes Sponsor The Princess Royal for first time

As Sponsor of the Royal Navy’s newest frigate, The Princess Royal has visited HMS Venturer in Rosyth.
Her Royal Highness met those responsible for constructing the UK’s first Type 31 warship, as well as the sailors charged with breathing life into the 455ft vessel and turning her into a working warship ready to serve around the globe.

Venturer is the latest Royal Navy warship sponsored by The Princess Royal – who is also Royal Sponsor of Devonport-based assault ship HMS Albion. The Princess Royal is also Commodore-in-Chief of Portsmouth Naval Base and Chief Commandant of Women in the Royal Navy among numerous long-standing associations with the Senior Service.

As Ship’s Sponsor, Her Royal Highness will have an opportunity to be the Guest of Honour at key moments in HMS Venturer’s life, such as the naming and commissioning ceremonies, and will receive regular updates on the ship’s deeds and the activities of around 115 men and women on board.

Today, with the frigate under construction, the ship’s company numbers just 12 souls, who were introduced to their new sponsor as The Princess Royal toured both the assembly facility and Venturer herself.

The frigate is more than two years into her construction with the hull and much of the superstructure complete in a cavernous, state-of-the-art assembly facility where defence firm Babcock is building all five ships in the Type 31 Inspiration class under contract with the MOD’s Defence Equipment and Support.

Continues, including photos https://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/news-and-l ... first-time
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

HMS Venturer
A day at sea on HDMS Peter Willemoes learning from the Royal Danish Navy's experience of operating the platform on which Venturer's design is based.
An incredible, professional, and welcoming crew.
And a pleasure to sail with the Chief of the RDN.
#nextgenfrigate
4 Photos https://twitter.com/HMSVenturerRN/statu ... 2845892906
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Royal Navy”