China - Taiwan [Including others involved]

Make your posts about Naval, together with Joint and Inter Service Execises on this thread. NATO, SEATO, etc.
Pelican

Re: China - Taiwan [Including others involved]

Unread post by Pelican »

China's Neighbor Adds More 'Carrier Killers' to Navy

Apair of "carrier killer" corvettes were officially delivered to Taiwan's navy on Tuesday, as the self-ruled island continues to grow its defense capabilities with an eye on China.

President Tsai Ing-wen, who presided over the handover ceremony at Su'ao Harbor in northeast Yilan County, said the indigenous Tuo Chiang-class corvettes are a testament to Taiwan's growing defense autonomy, local media reported.

The new corvettes were the last of an initial group of six that Lungteh Shipbuilding was commissioned to produce. In addition to continued arms purchases from Washington, Taipei is ramping up its own defense manufacturing base amid increasing China military activity in nearby waters.

China claims Taiwan as its own and has vowed to someday annex it, through force if necessary, though the Chinese Communist Party government has never ruled there.

Continues, includes video and images https://www.newsweek.com/china-neighbor ... on%20China.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Re: China - Taiwan [Including others involved]

Unread post by Pelican »

Japan has abandoned decades of pacifism in response to Ukraine invasion and increased Chinese pressure on Taiwan.

Russia’s invasion of Ukraine and the conflict in Gaza, have left tens of thousands dead and sent shockwaves across Europe and the Middle East. But – brutal and tragic as they are – the wars in Ukraine and Gaza are regionally bounded, meaning that most of the rest of the world rolls along, largely unaffected. This will not be the case if armed conflict breaks out in east Asia.

Thanks to rising tensions in the Taiwan Straits, Kim Jong Un’s sabre-rattling on the Korean Peninsula, Sino-US rivalry and China’s developing alliance with Russia the risks of armed conflict shattering this region are growing, with far-reaching ramifications.

Continues https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/japan-h ... -pacifism/
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “International Developments and Joint Service Exercises”