NATO In General

Make your posts about Naval, together with Joint and Inter Service Execises on this thread. NATO, SEATO, etc.
Pelican

Re: NATO In General

Unread post by Pelican »

Some NATO aircraft plus others demonstrating low flying in Greece

F-4 PHANTOMS [+ Others] FLYING LOW WITH MANY INTERNATIONAL JETS IN GREECE
A visit to Greece bagged a great variety of aircraft from many nations flying low in the valleys. A personal highlight was for myself to photograph an F-4 Phantom flying low level and with its retirement from the Hellenic air force due soon the clock was ticking. A second first was two capture not one but four Mirage 2000 again from the Hellenic air force flying in the valley. This was their first known low level run in their own country. Other aircraft to drop into the valley where,
F-16 From the Romanian Air Force
F-16 from the Hellenic air force
Eurofighter typhoon from The Royal Saudi Air Force
Dassault Rafale from the French Navy
Dassault Rafale from the Quatar Emiri air force

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0fOIXBI9K8 LFT
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Sweden ‘vital’ to NATO alliance

Sweden is a nation with a rich maritime heritage, which has long played a significant role in international naval operations and security.
As a long-standing NATO Partner, Sweden has consistently demonstrated its commitment to European and transatlantic security through various collaborations and contributions to the NATO Alliance, particularly in the maritime domain.

Continues https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/sweden- ... -alliance/
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
jbryce1437

Unread post by jbryce1437 »

The security of nearly 1 billion people across Europe and North America is under threat from Russian attempts to target the extensive vulnerabilities of underwater infrastructure including windfarms, pipelines and power cables, a Nato commander has warned.

V Adm Didier Maleterre, the deputy commander of Nato’s Allied Maritime Command (Marcom), said the network of underwater cables and pipes on which Europe’s power and communications depend were not built to withstand the “hybrid warfare” being pursued by Moscow and other Nato adversaries.

“We know the Russians have developed a lot of hybrid warfare under the sea to disrupt the European economy, through cables, internet cables, pipelines. All of our economy under the sea is under threat,” he said.

Read on
HMS Raleigh 1963 , HMS Collingwood 1963 & 67 , HMS Ark Royal 1964-7, HMS Undaunted 1968-71, HMS Victory (Fleet Maintenance Group) 1971-72, HMS Exmouth 1972-74
JEM, EM, OEM, LOEM, POOEL
Then 28 years in the Fire Brigade
Retired since 2002
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

NATO talks readiness for war at annual Commanders Conference

NATO’s Allied Maritime Command (MARCOM) hosted Allied nations’ fleet commanders, operational directors, and other senior leaders for the Maritime Operational Commanders’ Conference (MOCC) 2024 at its headquarters in Northwood, England, April 16-18.

“Faced with war on the European continent, the role of naval forces in NATO is pivotal” said Supreme Allied Commander Europe, General Chris Cavoli, opening the conference.

“Your dedication to securing sea lines of communication is what connects the entire Alliance together. Your ability to safeguard freedom of navigation is what supports the foundation of our nations’ economies.”

NATO Naval Chiefs participating at the Maritime Operational Commanders Conference (MOCC 24) at the Allied Maritime Command, Northwood, United Kingdom. The Theme of 2024 was “Enhancing maritime warfighting readiness and capability in a multi-threat and multi-domain environment.”

Along with the Allied navies’ fleet commanders, commanders and key personnel from the Joint Force Commands participated, and engaged in conversations centred around four themes: moving to a command and control and force posture that is always scanning, thinking operationally and long term; the evolution of MARCOM as a warfighting headquarters; preparing for short notice contingency; and ensuring an enduring Allied warfighting advantage over any potential adversary.

Commander MARCOM, Royal Navy Vice Admiral Mike Utley, chaired the conference.

“There has never been a more critical point in history to enhance the collective defence of the alliance. As the Heads of Allied Navies gathered over the last two days, we engaged in vital and fruitful discussions that deepened our relationships and strengthened NATO’s cohesion. Each Ally brings critical warfighting capabilities and unique expertise to NATO. We are better off as a collective because of the Allies’ commitment to turn these into operational advantage over any potential adversary,” said Utley.

Source UKDJ
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Argentina takes first step toward NATO partnership

Deputy Secretary General Mircea Geoană met Argentine Defence Minister Luis Petri at NATO Headquarters on Thursday for talks on working toward a partnership between the Alliance and Argentina.
“It is a great pleasure to welcome Defence Minister Petri to NATO Headquarters,” said Mr Geoană.

Continues https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/argenti ... rtnership/

Also:

U.S. approves sale of Basler BT-67 aircraft to Argentina
https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/u-s-app ... argentina/

Argentina has purchased 24 F-16 fighter jets
https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/argenti ... hter-jets/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “International Developments and Joint Service Exercises”