NATO In General

Make your posts about Naval, together with Joint and Inter Service Execises on this thread. NATO, SEATO, etc.
Pelican

Re: NATO In General

Unread post by Pelican »

NATO releases first ‘Quantum Strategy’

NATO has announced the release of its first-ever quantum strategy following approval by NATO Foreign Ministers on 28 November.

The strategy was summarised for the public on 17 January 2024. This initiative is set to prepare the Alliance for the anticipated impacts of quantum technologies on security and warfare.

See - https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/nato-re ... -strategy/
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Turkey approves Sweden's bid to join NATO - leaving one country left to give the green light

NATO chief Jens Stoltenberg welcomed the Turkish parliament's decision and called on Hungary to follow suit so that Sweden can join the military alliance.

https://news.sky.com/story/turkey-appro ... f%20delays.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

British commando helicopters over Albania

The Royal Navy’s Littoral Response Group (South) concluded a four-day visit to Albania.
The visit involved extensive training exercises and high-level diplomatic engagements, reinforcing the strategic partnership between the two NATO allies.
https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/british ... r-albania/
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Self explanatory
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

A rare 'before and after shot' of Russian submarines doing the 'couch to 5k'programme...Saturnax
Sub Monday
Size comparison: Project 949A Antey/NATO: Oscar II-class SSGN and Project 671RTMK Shchuka/NATO: Victor III-class SSN.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Hungary's parliament clears path for Sweden's Nato membership

Sweden has cleared its final obstacle to joining Nato after Hungary's parliament voted to ratify the bid.

The Nordic nation applied to join the defence alliance after Russia's full-scale invasion of Ukraine in 2022.

Every member must approve a new joiner, and Hungary had delayed, accusing Sweden of being hostile to it.

But last week Hungary's Prime Minister Viktor Orban said the two countries were now "prepared to die for each other".

All Nato members are expected to help an ally which comes under attack.

Swedish Prime Minister Ulf Kristersson said it was a "historic day" and a "big step" for Sweden to abandon 200 years of neutrality.

Continues at - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-68405893
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

From Sir Humphrey's Twitter
Sweden is the world's largest archipelago. It has more than 267,000 islands.
How do the Swedes define an “island” in their straits and seas? Any piece of land you can stand on with two dry feet.
Here's how adding 🇸🇪's 2,000-mi coastline and 1,000s of islands will change NATO
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Sweden has now been Officially Inducted into the NATO Alliance, with a Ceremony expected to take place at the NATO Headquarters in Brussels, Belgium on Monday in which the Swedish Flag will be raised alongside the other Members of the Alliance.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Sweden formally joins Nato military alliance

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-68506223
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

F-35A Is Officially Certified For Nuclear Strike

Confirmation that the F-35A is cleared to carry B61-12 nuclear bombs has come — a revelation that will complicate Russia’s defensive planning.

See - https://www.twz.com/air/f-35a-is-offici ... ear-strike
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “International Developments and Joint Service Exercises”