Armed Forces Day

Navy related media items
Pelican

Armed Forces Day

Unread post by Pelican »

Armed Forces Day Flag flies over Scarborough beginning ‘a week to remember’

The National Armed Forces Day Flag has been raised over Scarborough Town Hall in North Yorkshire, setting the scene for a week of celebrations for the UK’s Forces across the entire country.
Chosen as the venue for the National Event, Scarborough was treated to a spectacular delivery of the Armed Forces Day Flag by the Royal Navy, who brought the Flag into the town’s South Bay onboard minehunter HMS Brocklesby.

From there Royal Navy Clearance Divers – mine and bomb disposal experts – swam ashore to deliver the Flag to local Sea Cadets on the beach. It was then relayed up several steep inclines in St Nicholas Gardens, before being handed over to veterans and council officials, who finally hoisted the Flag high above the town hall.

Accepting the standard from the Royal Navy on behalf of townsfolk was Mayor of Scarborough, Councillor Eric Broadbent, and representatives from the Borough Council as well as senior military personnel from all three Services.

At the same time the Army raised the Armed Forces Flag in Whitby and the Royal Air Force in Filey. Immediately after the Flags were unfurled at all three locations a Hawk jet from 11 QEAF Squadron from RAF Leeming flew overhead.

Continues, including many photos, at - https://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/news-and-l ... xM-DJez5i0
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Re: Armed Forces Day

Unread post by Pelican »

ARMED FORCES DAY Saturday 25 June 2022

FIND EVENTS
There are over 150 events marking Armed Forces Day 22 taking place across the country. Find the nearest one to you by using the map below and scroll through our list to discover what’s happening and where.

Showing all upcoming events
https://www.armedforcesday.org.uk/find-events/
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Forthcoming Films, TV Shows, Exhibitions and Events”