International Maritime Matter & Issues

Information of a General Nature
Pelican

International Maritime Matter & Issues

Unread post by Pelican »

Quad launches ‘anti-China’ maritime surveillance plan

Pledging to provide “tangible benefits” for nations in the Indo-Pacific region, the leaders of the Quad have launched a maritime surveillance plan that analysts say is their most significant move to date to counter China.

The Quad – an informal alliance made up of Japan, the United States, India and Australia – said on Tuesday that the Indo-Pacific Partnership for Maritime Domain Awareness (IPMDA) will help the Pacific Islands and countries in Southeast Asia and the Indian Ocean track illegal fishing and other illicit activities in their waters in real-time. And although the Quad did not mention China by name, analysts say the initiative is aimed at addressing long-held complaints from countries in the region about unauthorised fishing by Chinese boats in their exclusive economic zones as well as encroachment by Chinese maritime militia vessels in the disputed waters of the South China Sea.

Continues at - https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/5/2 ... lance-plan

Link from Tim.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Re: International Maritime Matter & Issues

Unread post by Pelican »

The Vision: The Return of the Dornier Do X

REPLICA OF GIANT 1920S FLYING BOAT TO FLOAT, TAXI ON WATER

In Hildesheim, Germany, a replica of the Dornier Do X flying boat is taking shape and I had the privilege of interviewing the person who is spearheading this effort, Peter Kielhorn. The Dornier Do X flying boat was a technological marvel and an example of Germany’s aeronautical prowess from its conception by designer Claude Dornier in 1924 through its construction and test flight in 1929. With 3 aircraft built, it was formidable at 131 feet, 5 inches long, 156 feet, 10 inches in span, 12 engines in a push-pull configuration, and a gross weight of 108,027 lbs. Constructed in an era where external wires, biplane layouts, and wood for structures were still a norm, the Do X was relatively modern with its Duralumin construction, strut bracing with limited wires, and fuselage-mounted sponsons for water-borne stability. Sadly, while none of the 3 Do Xs that were built survived, a new chapter in the Do X’s history has begun. As noted by Peter, the team’s goal is to build a full-scale, buoyant non-flying replica that will be taxi-able on the water under electric power!

Continues at - https://vintageaviationnews.com/aircraf ... -do-x.html - LFT
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “General Information”