Exercise Northern Viking 2022

Make your posts about Naval, together with Joint and Inter Service Execises on this thread. NATO, SEATO, etc.
Pelican

Exercise Northern Viking 2022

Unread post by Pelican »

HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Re: Exercise Northern Viking 2022

Unread post by Pelican »

British aircraft carrier joins exercise to defend Iceland

HMS Prince of Wales and frigate HMS Richmond have joined Exercise Northern Viking 22, an exercise practising the defence of the sea routes around Iceland.
The Norwegian Navy tweeted the following.
See - https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/british ... tMY-R9dnFQ

Includes - According to Iceland, the exercise involves the defence of sea routes around Iceland:

“The aim of the exercise includes practising the defence of the sea routes around Iceland and of important structures and security infrastructure, e.g. telecommunications cables. The participants will also practice the search and rescue of civilians, with the Icelandic Coast Guard and police.

Northern Viking includes an amphibious landing of American marines at Miðsandur in Hvalfjörður. The landing is planned for 11 April and temporary traffic restrictions may be expected in the area on the day. Members of the media will be invited to observe the exercise and related events, to the extent possible.

The exercise is open for participation of NATO allies and partners. The naval forces of the United Kingdom, France, Germany and Norway have confirmed participation. Military vessels from these states will practice defending the sea routes to the south of Iceland and will participate in a submarine search off the coast of Iceland, with anti-submarine aircraft and helicopters.”

Attached Richmond and PoW at Iceland today.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Naval Developments and Joint Service Exercises”