Armed Forces Memorial Wall

Honour our War Dead here and post your photos of your local Remembrance Day events
Pelican

Armed Forces Memorial Wall

Unread post by Pelican »

Veterans' Foundation

Able Seaman George Parker joined up as a boy of 15-years-old in 1916 and served for 43 years, becoming the Navy's oldest serving British Able Seaman. It’s said that George had drunk 600 gallons of issue rum in his career.
This hero has taken his place on the Armed Forces Memorial Wall – the nation’s online tribute to everyone who has ever served but is no longer with us.

Leave your tributes and upload your family’s military hero to the Armed Forces Memorial Wall at this link: https://www.veteransfoundation.org.uk/memorial-wall/

We will remember them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Little h

Re: Armed Forces Memorial Wall

Unread post by Little h »

Pelican wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:13 pm Veterans' Foundation

Able Seaman George Parker joined up as a boy of 15-years-old in 1916 and served for 43 years, becoming the Navy's oldest serving British Able Seaman. It’s said that George had drunk 600 gallons of issue rum in his career.
This hero has taken his place on the Armed Forces Memorial Wall – the nation’s online tribute to everyone who has ever served but is no longer with us.

Leave your tributes and upload your family’s military hero to the Armed Forces Memorial Wall at this link: https://www.veteransfoundation.org.uk/memorial-wall/

We will remember them.
Note the Cap Tally HMS Camperdown ... old ships!! ... he was onboard at same time as myself for the last general service commission of the ship in the 1st DS. I did a thread on him on the old forum and his grandson and I communicated for a time on e-mail
Little h
DaveH

Re: Armed Forces Memorial Wall

Unread post by DaveH »

Hi Harry , I reckon everyone up to those still serving in the early eighties remembers or knows of George . A bit of a legend in his time , akin to "Just Nuisance" the Simonstown Great Dane .
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “The Remembrance Thread”