NATO - The Ukraine

Make your posts about Naval, together with Joint and Inter Service Execises on this thread. NATO, SEATO, etc.
Pelican

Re: NATO - The Ukraine

Unread post by Pelican »

Ukraine says its drones have destroyed at least six military aircraft and badly damaged eight others, in what would be one of the country’s most successful cross-border strikes in the war.

Kyiv successfully hit the Engels-2 air base, located in Russia’s Saratov Oblast, located over 750 kilometers away from the nearest Ukrainian-controlled border......

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 24327.html
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
greendragon

Unread post by greendragon »

Polish Land forces has already received 69 Abrams tanks out of 250 purchased.
All tanks passed successfully test in Poland and has been approved to inventory of the PL army
Delivery is pretty fast because the plan is to get all the rest of them by 2026-27.

The present war - alike situation in the countries neighboring to Ukraine reveals also an urgent need for change law and create newer ones that would fit to the the future.
I.e if we touch naval matters it has happened that a Chinese owned company (under an English name Hutchinson) refused to let a merchant with a cargo of supplies for Ukraine to put some 150 ft of its length within their hired pier.
New law will include all ports to be "critical assets" and allow the PL gvt to have full control , if required.
Also stock of bunkers and other shelters for civilian population revealed that only 20% of the Polish would find a safe place in such a facilities.

gd
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

greendragon wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:30 am Polish Land forces has already received 69 Abrams tanks out of 250 purchased.
All tanks passed successfully test in Poland and has been approved to inventory of the PL army
Delivery is pretty fast because the plan is to get all the rest of them by 2026-27.

The present war - alike situation in the countries neighboring to Ukraine reveals also an urgent need for change law and create newer ones that would fit to the the future.
I.e if we touch naval matters it has happened that a Chinese owned company (under an English name Hutchinson) refused to let a merchant with a cargo of supplies for Ukraine to put some 150 ft of its length within their hired pier.
New law will include all ports to be "critical assets" and allow the PL gvt to have full control , if required.
Also stock of bunkers and other shelters for civilian population revealed that only 20% of the Polish would find a safe place in such a facilities.

gd
Last sentence, forward planning, check out how Finland do it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=922Db-kztC0
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

The continued stalemate between Russia and Ukraine

‘News Snapshots’ is the new fortnightly news podcast from The OSINT Bunker team.

https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/the-con ... d-ukraine/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

2 Examples of what is going on:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewe ... 011343&z=7
The map is both zoomable and scrollable.
"Its crazy the level of view we have of an ongoing war. Every dot is a geolocated loss."

China is now providing Russia with satellite images for missile strikes, microelectronics, machines for the production of tanks, optics and rocket fuel.
See attached.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Ukrainian 126th Territorial Defense Brigade joins Marines
https://militaryland.net/news/126th-ter ... s-marines/

Deployment map https://militaryland.net/maps/deployment-map/
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Ministry of Defence
The UK has distributed more than 2.2 million items of kit to Ukrainian soldiers since June 2022.
More than 34,000 soldiers have received a black bag kit issue, containing 65-70 items per bag including boots, helmets, body armour, and first aid kit.
More photos https://twitter.com/DefenceHQ/status/17 ... 61/photo/1
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

U.S. Central Command

U.S. Government Transfers Captured Weapons

On Apr. 4, 2024, the U.S. government transferred over 5,000 AK-47s, machine guns, sniper rifles, RPG-7s and over 500,000 rounds of 7.62mm ammunition to the Ukrainian armed forces. This constitutes enough materiel to equip one UKR BDE with small arms rifles. These weapons will help Ukraine defend against Russia’s invasion.

The government obtained ownership of these munitions on December 1, 2023, through the Department of Justice’s civil forfeiture claims against Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC).

These munitions were originally seized by U.S. Central Command and partner naval forces from four separate transiting stateless vessels between 22 May 2021 to 15 Feb 2023. The munitions were being transferred from the IRGC to the Houthis in Yemen in violation of the United Nations Security Council Resolution 2216. U.S. CENTCOM is committed to working with our allies and partners to counter the flow of Iranian lethal aid in the region by all lawful means including U.S. and U.N. sanctions and through interdictions.

Iran’s support for armed groups threatens international and regional security, our forces, diplomatic personnel, and citizens in the region, as well as those of our partners. We will continue to do whatever we can to shed light on and stop Iran’s destabilizing activities.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “International Developments and Joint Service Exercises”