NATO - The Ukraine

Make your posts about Naval, together with Joint and Inter Service Execises on this thread. NATO, SEATO, etc.
Pelican

Re: NATO - The Ukraine

Unread post by Pelican »

Pelican wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:26 pm U.S. Central Command

U.S. Government Transfers Captured Weapons

On Apr. 4, 2024, the U.S. government transferred over 5,000 AK-47s, machine guns, sniper rifles, RPG-7s and over 500,000 rounds of 7.62mm ammunition to the Ukrainian armed forces. This constitutes enough materiel to equip one UKR BDE with small arms rifles. These weapons will help Ukraine defend against Russia’s invasion.

The government obtained ownership of these munitions on December 1, 2023, through the Department of Justice’s civil forfeiture claims against Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC).

These munitions were originally seized by U.S. Central Command and partner naval forces from four separate transiting stateless vessels between 22 May 2021 to 15 Feb 2023. The munitions were being transferred from the IRGC to the Houthis in Yemen in violation of the United Nations Security Council Resolution 2216. U.S. CENTCOM is committed to working with our allies and partners to counter the flow of Iranian lethal aid in the region by all lawful means including U.S. and U.N. sanctions and through interdictions.

Iran’s support for armed groups threatens international and regional security, our forces, diplomatic personnel, and citizens in the region, as well as those of our partners. We will continue to do whatever we can to shed light on and stop Iran’s destabilizing activities.
2 More images.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Navy Lookout
Ukrainian minehunter Cherkasy (Ex-HMS Shoreham) arrives in Portsmouth this morning.

Followed by sister ship🇺🇦 UNS Chernihiv (ex- HMS Grimsby)
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Destruction of russian Novocherkassk Ship has Blocked One of Logistic Channels to Crimea (Satellite Photo)

The sunken ship has blocked the spot near the railway that used to facilitate transshipment of military cargo

Satellite imagery published by OSINT analyst MT_Anderson shows the naval bases of the russian Black Sea Fleet in the cities of Novorossiysk, occupied Sevastopol, and Feodosiia.

The last photo, from Feodosiia, is particularly interesting as it indicates that despite having put up boom barriers against Ukrainian surface drone strikes, the harbor is no longer being used for logistics, as a matter of fact. That became the case ever since Ukraine struck the location with cruise missiles, leading to the destruction of the Novocherkassk landing ship on December 26th, 2023. (Editor's note: apparently, there's an unintentional mistake about the year of photo taken being "2023.")

Read more: russian Serpukhov Missile Ship Was On Fire in the Baltic Sea - the Defense Intelligence of Ukraine

Continues https://en.defence-ua.com/analysis/dest ... 10152.html LFT
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Russian cruiser Moskva sunk in the Black Sea – assessing the implications

On 13 April, Ukrainian sources say they struck the Russian cruiser RFS Moskva with two Neptune anti-ship missiles in the Black Sea. The Russian Ministry of Defense subsequently admitted there was a fire on board, crew being evacuated and ultimately the ship had sunk under tow. Here we look at the background and implications of this action.

The Black Sea Fleet flagship
Moskva was a 12,500-ton cruiser built in Mykolaiv, Ukraine for the Soviet Navy in the late 1970s. She was conceived essentially to lead surface action groups as a ‘carrier killer’ intended to attack NATO carrier strike groups in the open ocean. In this role, her primary armament was 16 very heavy supersonic anti-ship missiles. She was one of three Slava class cruisers completed before the collapse of the Soviet Union. (A fourth uncompleted hulk still languishes in Mykolaiv). Her sisters, RFS Marshal Ustinov of the Northern Fleet and RFS Varyag of the Pacific Fleet were sent to the Mediterranean in preparation for the invasion of Ukraine in an effort to deter any NATO surface units that may attempt to intervene.

Continues https://www.navylookout.com/russian-cru ... lications/
ivorthediver

Unread post by ivorthediver »

Excellent news , Well done Ukraine put this gang of orcas in their rightful place until that egotistical Maniac is history along with his cronies ;)
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

NATO Deputy Secretary General ‘We must support Ukraine’

NATO Deputy Secretary General Mircea Geoană visited the Allied Maritime Command (MARCOM) Headquarters in Northwood, United Kingdom.
Mr Geoană met with the Commander of MARCOM, Vice Admiral Mike Utley and other key members of staff.

NATO say here that the Deputy Secretary General and the Commander’s discussions focused on the importance of MARCOM in NATO’s new defence plans and the command’s crucial role in keeping seaways between North America and Europe open.

“After recent damage to Baltic Sea underwater infrastructure, they also discussed how Allied navies and new technologies can better protect undersea infrastructure and the Alliance’s role in shielding subsea cables and pipelines. Mr Geoană further highlighted the need for continued Western support to Ukraine, saying that the cost of allowing Russia to prevail would be far greater than the cost of supporting Ukraine now.

The Deputy Secretary General and the Commander also discussed evolving missile and drone technologies, as well as how NATO can better adapt to the role of artificial intelligence in modern warfare. Warning that the Alliance is facing the greatest security challenges in a generation, Mr Geoană stressed MARCOM’s central role in protecting NATO’s one billion people.”

During his trip to London, Mr Geoană met with the Minister for Defence Procurement, James Cartlidge, and the National Security Advisor for the United Kingdom, Sir Tim Barrow.

The Deputy Secretary General concluded his trip with an opening address at the third edition of the annual NATO Integrated Air and Missile Defence (IAMD) Conference in London.

Also https://www.nato.int/cps/en/natohq/news_224734.htm
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “International Developments and Joint Service Exercises”