NATO - The Ukraine

Make your posts about Naval, together with Joint and Inter Service Execises on this thread. NATO, SEATO, etc.
Pelican

Re: NATO - The Ukraine

Unread post by Pelican »

U.S. approves sale of 1,798 missiles of various types to Poland

The United States has finalised the approval for a sale to Poland of 1,798 air-launched missiles across three types.
This package is valued at over $3.6 billion.
The Defense Security Cooperation Agency (DSCA) detailed the approved sales, which include a mix of long-range, medium-range air-to-air, and tactical missiles.

Continues at - https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/u-s-app ... to-poland/

British surveillance aircraft patrols Black Sea

A Royal Air Force RC-135 surveillance aircraft was deployed today to monitor Russian forces in occupied Ukraine.
The RC-135W Rivet Joint and its sensors are designed to undertake ‘signals intelligence’ missions. In other words, they ‘soak up’ electronic emissions from communications, radars and other systems.

Continues at - https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/british ... black-sea/
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Shadow-Fleet Tanker Damaged in Collision Near Denmark

A tanker from the shadow fleet of ships assembled to carry Russian oil was involved in a collision near Denmark, casting fresh light on the risks vessels with unknown ownership pose to the world’s oceans.

See - https://gcaptain.com/shadow-fleet-tanke ... r-denmark/
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

GD, Just to let you know that I personally read all your posts but do not feel qualified to either answer or debate them. Leaving aside the party political row in the US it still seems to me that regardless of who is charge the USA’s priority is the west Pacific – China – and to of course a much lesser extent Taiwan. They rightly feel that Europe as a whole are not pulling their weight financially via NATO and this has got to change. In the interim they appear to be prepared to support Ukraine enough to allow them to ‘hold the line.’ In the meantime money is getting short in the UK and the US forces are being restricted financially. See today’s post - https://lewin-of-greenwich-naval-histor ... 788#p33788
The twin problems of recruitment and retention in both the RN and USN are not helping.
Future public funding for all sectors in the UK are to put it mildly grim and are likely to stay that way for the foreseeable future.
greendragon

Unread post by greendragon »

Mrs Merkel (not at all my favorite politician) after visiting US when Pres Trump was in charge has stated that "America is no longer America we have known it for tens of years".
I then put this into garbage but apparently there is some true.
I can see it also in my personal relations with my best American pretty conscious, educated and veterans buddies who no longer want supporting Ukraine which will result in having Russians at the boundary with Poland.
There is some change in the US attitude towards Poland because as said in previous post they today give pretty quickly green light on selling Poland the most advanced weapons.
I have agreed with the former President Trump when years before he was pushing other countries to fulfill their commitments on their military budget spending of 2%.
Poland gives about 4% and it is even more than US - of course witch huge difference between the both countries GNPs the question is how much might be purchased.
It might be interesting fore some that another 4% of GNP has been spent on the Ukrainian war refugees living in Poland) and 1,4 % for military aid (donation) to Ukraine army.
It should be noted that the effort Polish nation pay for the country safety is not caused by the will to be patted and loved by other countries (US in particular). Polish leaders and nation have realized that we must possess enough deterrence to make the Soviets considered seriously that a go on Poland wouldn't be just tourist trip.
It is also necessary to provide strong opposition from the first hours of war because if invading armies of the Soviets would gain some grounds it would be difficult to push them back.
As for help of other countries even NATO members the recent events towards Ukraine have shown that there would be a lot of consideration if " it would be worth to die for Poland".

The war in Ukraine has been a good indicator of how much NATO is ready for war.
Apparently military industry has been idling - including also Poland. Today the wheels are moving faster but still not quick enough.

gd
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Ministry of Defence
A new £60 million package of military support from the UK-administered International Fund for Ukraine will provide advanced new surveillance drones to support 🇺🇦's Armed Forces.
It will also include £20 million to provide air defence systems to help keep Ukraine's skies safe.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Some hours ago:
Several Ukrainian Storm Shadow cruise missiles just absolutely OBLITERATED Russian targets in central Sevastopol in occupied Crimea.
Video at - https://twitter.com/visegrad24/status/1 ... 1891548578

Early this morning, RQ-4B from the USA Air Force passed quite close to Crimea on its way back to Sigonella after a surprisingly short 5-hour session.
See attached.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Navy Lookout
🇺🇦Su-24 jets launched Storm Shadow/SCALP-EG cruise missiles at Sevastopol naval base last night. Ukrainian military claims they destroyed 2 more 🇷🇺Ropucha-class landing ships - RFS Yamal and RFS Azov.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Pelican wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:39 pm Navy Lookout
🇺🇦Su-24 jets launched Storm Shadow/SCALP-EG cruise missiles at Sevastopol naval base last night. Ukrainian military claims they destroyed 2 more 🇷🇺Ropucha-class landing ships - RFS Yamal and RFS Azov.

Defense of Ukraine
Great news 🔥 2 russian ships.
Overnight, the Ukrainian Air Force successfully struck "Yamal" and "Azov" Ropucha-class landing ships in temporarily occupied Sevastopol.
In addition, the russian Black Sea Fleet's communications center and several infrastructure facilities were hit.
Bravo! Crimea is Ukraine!

https://realcontextnews.com/sad-realiti ... hird-year/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “International Developments and Joint Service Exercises”