NATO - The Ukraine

Make your posts about Naval, together with Joint and Inter Service Execises on this thread. NATO, SEATO, etc.
Pelican

Re: NATO - The Ukraine

Unread post by Pelican »

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

PS01 PStyle0ne1
‼️ The drones that sunk the russian military ship Sergey Kotov on March 5 were seen a day earlier 100s km away
On March 4, at 14:15 Moscow time, the crew of the Russian cargo ship "ELLA" noticed 4 surface drones 136 km from the coast of Crimea ( that is, 10 hours before the attack ).
3 things follow from this:
1. Russian ships have been ordered to stay away from Crimea and closer to Turkey
2. The drones traveled at least 700 km before hitting the ship, and the entire operation took at least 20-24 hours
3. The Russian Federation may try to involve civilian vessels in reconnaissance and search for drones in the Black Sea
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

https://apnews.com/hub/russia-ukraine

We have ways of making you Russian ~ see below.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Russian soldiers’ wives increasingly outspoken in opposition

International Women’s Day is widely celebrated in Russia. But amid the bouquets of flowers and stilted speeches of congratulation made by Vladimir Putin, the state-controlled media will be doing its best to ignore one group of Russia’s women.
These are the wives of some of its soldiers fighting in Ukraine, who have embarked on a series of regular, public demonstrations that challenge the state and its narratives of societal unity around the war.

When Russia began its mass invasion of Ukraine in February 2022, it was widely expected that soldiers’ mothers would participate in public protests against the war and demand the return of their sons, as they did in Russia’s war in Chechnya in the mid-1990s. But these mothers have all but disappeared from view under increasingly harsh crackdowns on opposition to the war.

Continues at - https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/russian ... pposition/
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

greendragon

Unread post by greendragon »

The war is carried on with extensive use of artillery.
An estimation says Russia may make and purchase 4 millions of artillery shells a year while NATO is not able to fulfill their promise of 1 million of shells to Ukraine.
Little is so far done and most of the Western countries are far away of being "an arsenal of freedom" for the Ukraine.

The logistic part of this war rises a serious question of which way NATO would "defend each inch of NATO territories".
With what ?
Throwing stones at Russians?
Without millions of shells and missiles it will be impossible fighting for a prolonged period of time.
The NATO countries are reluctant to shift their economy a little bit more to the track of defense production despite war has been rolling for more than two years.

gd
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

greendragon wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:22 am The war is carried on with extensive use of artillery.
An estimation says Russia may make and purchase 4 millions of artillery shells a year while NATO is not able to fulfill their promise of 1 million of shells to Ukraine.
Little is so far done and most of the Western countries are far away of being "an arsenal of freedom" for the Ukraine.

The logistic part of this war rises a serious question of which way NATO would "defend each inch of NATO territories".
With what ?
Throwing stones at Russians?
Without millions of shells and missiles it will be impossible fighting for a prolonged period of time.
The NATO countries are reluctant to shift their economy a little bit more to the track of defense production despite war has been rolling for more than two years.

gd
Please see - https://www.defense.gov/News/Transcript ... -briefing/
ivorthediver

Unread post by ivorthediver »

Long awaited good news for Ukraine eh David , lets hope the other NATO promises are forthcoming before Val can maximise this delay of ammunition , Whilst we are only guided by reported events their most urgent shortage must be rapidly approaching " boots on the ground" going by the number of fatalities they have suffered

Any more information on the F16 / Swedish A/C situation or the infamous "Bridge" that still stands ;) thanks for the posts
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Intelschizo reposted:
Oliver Alexander
It is almost as if trying to starve Ukraine of ammunition and weapons through constant political bullshitery won't lead to negotiations or "peace" in Ukraine, but rather allows Putin to kill more people in his quest to try to wipe out Ukraine.

And - max seddon
Asked about peace talks with Ukraine, Putin indicated he won't discuss surrendering territory annexed from Ukraine and appeared confident Russia’s army could advance further. “Holding negotiations now only because they are running out of ammunition is absurd for us.”
See - https://twitter.com/i/status/1767883770709876792
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “International Developments and Joint Service Exercises”