NATO - The Ukraine

Make your posts about Naval, together with Joint and Inter Service Execises on this thread. NATO, SEATO, etc.
Pelican

Re: NATO - The Ukraine

Unread post by Pelican »

ivorthediver wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:32 pm Long awaited good news for Ukraine eh David , lets hope the other NATO promises are forthcoming before Val can maximise this delay of ammunition , Whilst we are only guided by reported events their most urgent shortage must be rapidly approaching " boots on the ground" going by the number of fatalities they have suffered

Any more information on the F16 / Swedish A/C situation or the infamous "Bridge" that still stands ;) thanks for the posts
F16 See - https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/ceremon ... slovakia/- I dont aim to cover 'air' subjects Ivor only those naval connected e.g. FAA, USN etc.
Also see - https://edition.cnn.com/2024/01/26/poli ... index.html

"The road bridge was fully opened again to traffic on 23 February 2023 according to an announcement from Russian Deputy Prime Minister Marat Khusnullin. On 5 May the deputy prime minister also announced that the rail bridge had been fully reopened."
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
ivorthediver

Unread post by ivorthediver »

Pelican wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:00 pm
ivorthediver wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:32 pm Long awaited good news for Ukraine eh David , lets hope the other NATO promises are forthcoming before Val can maximise this delay of ammunition , Whilst we are only guided by reported events their most urgent shortage must be rapidly approaching " boots on the ground" going by the number of fatalities they have suffered

Any more information on the F16 / Swedish A/C situation or the infamous "Bridge" that still stands ;) thanks for the posts
F16 See - https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/ceremon ... slovakia/- I dont aim to cover 'air' subjects Ivor only those naval connected e.g. FAA, USN etc.
Also see - https://edition.cnn.com/2024/01/26/poli ... index.html

"The road bridge was fully opened again to traffic on 23 February 2023 according to an announcement from Russian Deputy Prime Minister Marat Khusnullin. On 5 May the deputy prime minister also announced that the rail bridge had been fully reopened."
Thanks for the update David and the attached "Extras" Kind regards Ivor :)
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Russia’s Nuclear Weapons Are Now in Belarus

The move sends a clear political message, but some experts downplay its military significance.

Russia has moved tactical nuclear weapons from its own borders into neighboring Belarus, several hundred miles closer to NATO territory, Western officials confirmed to Foreign Policy, as Russian President Vladimir Putin threatens a wider military showdown with the alliance over its continued support for Ukraine.

The move, which Putin first announced in June of last year, is likely aimed at ramping up pressure on NATO’s eastern flank. It follows years of nuclear saber-rattling intended to scare the West into paring back its support for Ukraine, now in its third year of war against Russia’s invasion, though top NATO officials insist that the move doesn’t drastically change the nature of Russia’s military threats to NATO.

Continues at - https://foreignpolicy.com/2024/03/14/ru ... rus-putin/
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

greendragon

Unread post by greendragon »

As directed I have read the interview of GEN Rider and would rather lean to the latter replay quote which use word "bullshittery".
In former WNF a member used word "cracker words" which I understood had meaning of above mentioned "bulshittery" .
Mrs Carla (the last questioner) put him in the corner with question on 155 shells and M113 APCs not longer in use and he pretended not to understand. IF I could understand easily the question being not a native speaker why he plays such a tricks ?
I am not surprised that the general is attempting to defend not defendable position of the present US Gvt successfully blocked by the trusty MR Trump lieutenant with the name of Mike Johnston.
He has reached a peak of hypocrite attitude with his personal-one-person decision of freezing the bill of aid to Ukraine.
I saw and heard him saying to an interviewer "..we must defend our (US) southern boundaries". He eyewashes people with such a statements equaling bloody war in Ukraine with the "attackers" of poor people, armless women and kids from Latin America.
The recent Ramstein meeting put poor US Sec of Def in position of propagandist bringing noting that would be promise of real arms delivery. If this is US Gvt is not able providing any help to UKR (this bottom scratched leftovers of200 million worth aid is just nothing) so we may expect the with Trump as the next President of USofA would cut the funds to nil.
Many or all here having interest in naval history, warfare etc know that US President Roosevelt had to overcome strong isolationism attitude of the then Americans to join the war. Thanks Japanese it was solved quickly, the Americans like in 11-09 changed their way of thinking and quickly joined the war with men and first of all their economy might.
Apparently no changes in the Americans' perception of the world and isolationism is still felt by the folks there.
After 9-11 US was collecting a coalition - important for the UN, legal part of operations - in which many countries participated , Poland and Ukraine (to be checked) as well. We were needed then, as well as later ops in Afg.
In Afg US was leading with scale of operations, lost the most men but other NATO countries fought as well though and summed up the coalition losses in men was of hundred of KIAs (about 500?, to be checked).

Many Americans spread jokes about the French as not being brave and combat dodgers.
If US policy would be run in future towards isolationism, denying purpose of NATO and it Articles as the collective defence alliance the French would make a sigh of relief - the pins will be in the America ass.
Unfortunately we need them and must patting them politically.
I do not aim this at the US soldiers: they are outstanding, trusty buddies in the combat, as I used to say after The Golf - "I wish everybody fight together with the Americans".
I am still with this opinion - if of course they will be allowed to fight by their political authorities.

gd
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Today's MOD Intel. update + 2 images ~ scroll left or right - https://twitter.com/DefenceHQ/status/17 ... 55/photo/3
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “International Developments and Joint Service Exercises”