NATO - The Ukraine

Make your posts about Naval, together with Joint and Inter Service Execises on this thread. NATO, SEATO, etc.
jbryce1437

Re: NATO - The Ukraine

Unread post by jbryce1437 »

The Ukraine appears to be having remarkable success by using drones. This clip shows drones dropping grenades on Russian forces, including a direct hit through a vehicle sun roof. Sometimes, the simple things outshine more sophisticated methods.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K-O271Jh9g
HMS Raleigh 1963 , HMS Collingwood 1963 & 67 , HMS Ark Royal 1964-7, HMS Undaunted 1968-71, HMS Victory (Fleet Maintenance Group) 1971-72, HMS Exmouth 1972-74
JEM, EM, OEM, LOEM, POOEL
Then 28 years in the Fire Brigade
Retired since 2002
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

jbryce1437 wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 7:07 pm The Ukraine appears to be having remarkable success by using drones. This clip shows drones dropping grenades on Russian forces, including a direct hit through a vehicle sun roof. Sometimes, the simple things outshine more sophisticated methods.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K-O271Jh9g
US, UK, France Dock Nuke Submarines In Scotland l NATO's Clear Message To Putin Amid Ukraine War?

See - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmmSDY-dtLY
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
greendragon

Unread post by greendragon »

The British are going to deploy 8000 soldiers to the Baltic countries who together with other armies of NATO countries would be taking part in big exercise.
Training of the large force of international NATO troops is one of the purposes but besides it seems to be an attempt to detract Russian military from their main objective which is war in Ukraine and possible (which might be have just been carried on by the RUS ) deployment of men and equipment to the war theatre.
Should be working.

PL have asked Germany for possible hand over of number of their Leopard tanks to PL to replace our stock of T72s transfered to UKR ARmy.
The Germans have not even responded yet.
PM Johnston have mentioned that UK is ready to replace 200e PL T72s with its Challengers which is generous offer, except that would require huge work on training, fixing wide brand new logistics aspects and other steep steps uphill - though possible to be fixed quick.

Anyway, as seen here and there the Brits consider their tanks as much better than US Abrams we are going to get (by purchasing) ASAP.

gd
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
greendragon

The real concern are Russian folks and it is not a factor which might have been changed by any western aid to their minds or sanctions - at least on short time period.
70-80% support as said are for Putin war against Ukraine, 70% would approve a strike against Poland the same way as it is in Ukraine.
Here might be hope that many of the Russians say "yes" to the war against Ukraine because they are scared that their real thoughts would be subject of authorities investigation means some sanctions against them would be imposed and quick.

I do not mention this clown who promise to sink British Isles .

The RUS soldiers will be fighting until called off by Putin. If they would be killed majority of their mothers would mourn them as heroes who who fought against Nazism as their predecessors in WW2.

A lot of people simply have no clue what is behind Russian minds.
Life of people on both side of a front means nothing for them.
A Polish officer who in those old times we had to live as member of the black hole of being Russian ally and WP told how the RUS army planners were dealing with a MAPEX (map exercises) .
Like both the blocks scenario was defense operation first to the enemy offensive and then a counter attack .
So maps in this particular WP exercise were full of arrows of corps, army groups etc strikes to west directions.
And then came for a briefing a planner or commander from the Russian nuclear forces branch and put his overlay with planned nuclear strikes - and they were just couple but of huge power. So planning any conventional war was senseless because the WP would enter the totally destroyed countries of west .
I do not write this to scare forum participants and thus spread Russian propaganda to people of the democratic world with their horrible intent and possible aftermath.

Germans still give no answer to the PL generous offer for take over some 200 (out of the stock of 600 ea) of their Leopard2 tanks which would replace the 240 T72s Poland delivered to the UKR army.
Some say the (the Germans) wait for Putin's approval but this is of course not true.

Comparison of the UK made Challengers to US Abrams shows they are the same - some details probably make difference.
Both sides of course would always say "ours is better" .
From the PL side it would be problematic even because that the Challenger main gun is rifled , Abrams+Leopards , smoth bore , the same (a Rheinmetal design) gun.
So if the Challengers would be taken over by the PL army we would be having unusual collection of Abrams, Leopards and post soviet era T-type tanks.
A little bit like HMN in WW2 which used all the possible (and impossible :shock: :lol: ) calibers of guns - 20mm, 6 pouders, 76mm ,102mm, 114mm, 120 mm, 132mm and misc. of other calibers while USN used only 20mm, 40mm, 76mm, 102mm nd 127mm.
Actually as for the HM I have never seen any remarks that this variety of calibers would interfered with their operations.

gd
greendragon

Some refugees return.
The PL Border services report that about 1 million out of more than 3 millions of the Ukrainians who fled from war to Poland have crossed the boundary and have returned to Ukraine.

gd
DaveH

Unread post by DaveH »

Very brave people GD . This out of control Russian war machine is only intent of levelling every city in the Ukraine but failed to guage the will of the Ukrainians . They [The Ukranians] will reduild their Country when Putin finally accepts that the world barring a couple are against him ,,,,, but how long will that take is the question .

We can only stand and watch , for to take action would only escalate the situation and play to his vanity .
greendragon

I am very confident in saying that democratic world do everything possible for Ukraine.
Billions in arms donations from the West (end even from deep south like Australia and east -Japan) and for other forms of immediate help are poured to Ukraine.
One step forward, means direct involvement of NATO in helping UKR forces would possibly brought this world to ultimate end.

Within EU Hungary got nick name of Putin Trojan horse.
They refused to transfer military supply from the West to Ukraine, their leader Orban in his speeches quite often in light form support Russia.
They also say they oppose next phase of sanctions namely on oil from Russia with Slovakia and Czech Rep also have doubts they would stand cutting off oil delivery by the end of 2022.
Hungary in 1956 were the first in the Eastern Block among the Soviet forced allies who raised arms against USSR and ruling domestic communists.
The armed upraising ended with the Soviet army entering with hundreds of tanks deployed to Budapest and killings many of the Hungarians.
Today they - actually their leader (who is sort of a follower of Putin understanding of democracy) but he being supported by some 60% of the Hungarians in the latest elections are reluctant to join united front of democratic countries against Russia.

If Putin has counted on Germany it is now not to be any longer a good count.
The German chancellor has just said loud and clear "the Russia will not win and peace will not be on their terms. It will be on Ukraine terms we would support " .
Russia and Germany traditionally lean to each other .
The Russian/Soviets were cooperating very well after WW1.

Your PM, the best example of a leader who fully understands what has happened before WW2 started when the Nazis had got like free hand is really a driving force of supporting Ukraine.
I really appreciate his activity.
As for the refugees none may top over Poland support .
200 000 Ukrainians , 99% of them women have already applied for jobs in Poland.
70 000 Ukrainian children are now in Polish schools, 15 000youth in high schools in US term) and 20 000 in preschool/nursery .
The program is of course universal (maths, biology etc) with couple of classes about Poland and PL-UKR historical relations.

"When fear go to Go" (pray to God).
A popular saying of the Polish folks this time should be changed to "...go to NATO".
The latest pool say 80% of the Polish are for significant and extended presence of NATO forces in PL.
Before Russians invaded Ukraine it was notably less percentage .

Not a big sin.
30% of Finns were for joining NATO before, today it is 60%.

Time works against the Russian invaders.
USSR like the Third Reich was told to last forever but collapsed and so will be with the present Russia politics and leaders.
Though not tomorrow.

gd
limeybiker

Unread post by limeybiker »

Winston Churchill wanted to nuke Russia after Japan, the only problem, no A bombs available.
  • Up Spirits
    It’s Tot Time
    somewhere in the World
Yours Aye
Barry and Sharon Lockyer
Sunny Ocala, FL 34476 USA
http://www.barrylockyer.com/[/b]
greendragon

PM Mr Churchill though not able to express it today was absolutely great prophet as for Soviets and might be saying "I have told you".
I must find in the internet a summary of his politics to Soviet Union.

Among so many politicians who make it loud and clear what means for them and democratic world Russia&Putin war against Ukraine I read with great pleasure rhetoric of the UK Defense Secretary Mr Ben Wallace.
He really makes my day (if I start with the UK news).

The French Macron - in sort of obligatory turning/knotted French type speech already mentions that "Russia should not been humiliated in peace talks".
Peace is far away, innocent Ukrainians still being killed in thousands and his concern is "not making Russia humiliated".
Eh, those Froggies...
Certainly none wish to have Russia in situation like in WW2 attitude to Nazis which was as I have heard said by a British historian " ..in 1942 the British wanted to see the Germans on knees or dead".

gd
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Naval Developments and Joint Service Exercises”