NATO - The Ukraine

Make your posts about Naval, together with Joint and Inter Service Execises on this thread. NATO, SEATO, etc.
Pelican

Re: NATO - The Ukraine

Unread post by Pelican »

New photos of Russian corvette Admiral Makarov allegedly sunk by Ukraine

According to a tweet published by Capt Navy on May 30, 2022, new pictures of the Russian corvette Admiral Makarov were released. She was allegedly sunk by the Ukrainian forces.

See - https://www.navyrecognition.com/index.p ... 9jGstUDF3M
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
greendragon

Unread post by greendragon »

The Ukrainians stiff defense, high morale and flow of supplies from the West are key factors to combat Russian barbaric invaders.
Ref the Pelican's reply about Cossacks I have watched very short opinion expressed by a UKR Army soldier from the most fierce fighting Donieck area , older, tired, dirty - not youngster's gung-ho type - saying :"the worst that would happen would be some negotiations would forced us to quit fighting and us being pulled back".
Number of Ukrainian top sportsmen , singers among the others UKR soldiers have been killed in action is significant.

Number of killed UKR soldiers per day is 70-100 with some 500 wounded stated the UKR President Zelenski.
Sadly pretty high figures, even if the Russians losses are higher.

Grain from Ukraine - about 20 million tons still blocked in the country - might not be currently transported by sea and for example land (railroad and truck ) capability of delivered grain to Polish ports at present is 1 million a month. The need are 5 times more.

Interesting if UKR forces would use Harpoon missiles against Russian navy.
Yes or no but certainly the presence of such a weapon would limit operations of RUS navy.

gd
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

MOD TWEETS

Latest Defence Intelligence update on the situation in Ukraine - 1 June 2022

1/4) Russian ground operations remain tightly focused, with the weight of fire power concentrated within a small sector of Luhansk Oblast. Over 30-31 May, fighting intensified in the streets of Sieverodonetsk, with Russian forces pushing closer to the town centre.

(2/4) Over half of the town is likely now occupied by Russian forces, including Chechen fighters.

(3/4) Beyond the Donbas, Russia continues to conduct long-range missile strikes against infrastructure across Ukraine.

(4/4) The strategically important bridge links Ukraine with Romania and with Ukraine’s ports on the Danube, which have become critical to Ukrainian exports after the blockade of Ukrainian Black Sea ports by Russia.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
greendragon

The aftermath of the Russian attack on Ukraine is decision of the both N Eurpe countries Finland and Sweden of joining NATO.
I have found an interesting - as for first quick glance - article in the Defence Magazine, June 2, 2022, Spesial Report - How Sweden and Finland Could Reshape NATO.
If some of the memebrs may attach the link to the text it would be welcome.

Ukrane suffers many of their brave soldiers in the fight for freedom.
If we use figures (70-100 KIA a day)provided by Presiden Zelenski as the refernce it means that in pure statistics it is about 7000-to 10 000 UKR soldiers killed in action.
It is as claimed by Ukraine MoD 2-3 times less that Russian Army of barbarians suffered but still the figures as for the Ukraine are pretty sad.
Let's hope it is not in vain.

Nothing's can be predicted.
The Turks who have been criticized quite often and (as many countries) play their own political game in the region donates one of their today famous Bakhatar drones for free to Ukraine via Lithuania.
The Lithuanians in just three days collected more than 5 million EU for purchasing the drone for UKR , went to manufacturer for talks and were surprised that the company would donate the drone to UKR army for free.
!.5 million will be spent on ammunition for the platform, the rest will be spent for another aid purposes.

gd
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

How Sweden and Finland could reshape NATO’s northern security

https://www.defensenews.com/congress/20 ... -security/
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

MOD INTEL. REPORT DATED TODAY
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Sweden Is Sending ‘Robot 17’ Coastal Defense Missiles To Ukraine

The Robot 17 system will provide Ukraine with a survivable short-range coastal defense system.

Sweden’s Ministry of Defense announced that the country would be delivering its third aid package to Ukraine, and this time around, Ukrainian forces will be getting the Robot 17 anti-ship missile system. Sweden’s donation of the Robot 17 is the latest example of what seems to be a growing willingness among allied nations to supply the Ukrainian military with more advanced weaponry.

In addition to the Robot 17 system, the $102 million package includes financial aid for both the Ukrainian central bank’s fund as well as NATO’s fund for Ukrainian armed forces, 5,000 anti-tank launchers that unofficial sources have claimed to be AT4 light anti-armor weapons, and AG90 rifles and ammunition. An additional $10.6 million will go to civilian efforts through the Swedish Civil Contingencies Agency. However, the Robot 17 system will likely be among the more eagerly anticipated aspects of the delivery.

Continues, including photos, at - https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/s ... JM2nG2uIgg

Ex-Afghan Air Force Mi-17 Helicopters Are Now Flying For Ukraine

Some of the 20 Mi-17 helicopters the U.S. has promised Ukraine could have already seen action on daring resupply missions into Mariupol.

See - https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/e ... TkYi27m4A8
greendragon

Not in NATO yet but Swedish intelligence aircraft visit Polish airspace along eastern boundary of the country and make recce of the situation in the opposite side of the frontier.
Intelligence a/c of all types (NATO, US also some small CIA aircraft , Italian , British of course and Global Hawks) make multiple "loops" over Poland and are supported by the USAF KC tankers which take off from the UK.
Not confidential info, taken from the Flight Radar24 app available for everyone.

gd
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

RUSSIA CLAIMS THAT FOUR F35A AIRCRAFT HAVE BEEN DETECTED NEAR SNAKE ISLAND

See - https://militarycognizance.com/2022/06/ ... FvBAtsqFkI
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

YESTERDAY'S SITU
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Naval Developments and Joint Service Exercises”