NATO - The Ukraine

Make your posts about Naval, together with Joint and Inter Service Execises on this thread. NATO, SEATO, etc.
Pelican

Re: NATO - The Ukraine

Unread post by Pelican »

D. mojavensis in USA 26 minutes ago:
Sebastopol (occupied Crimea) attack last night (23 MAR 2024).

Lots of information in this video:
Three strikes ~ 44.58611, 33.51192
Refined POV ~ 44.58538, 33.5202

Confirmed by - https://twitter.com/GeoConfirmed

Also see - https://twitter.com/EjShahid/status/177 ... 74726?s=20 - scroll down.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Islamic State attack in Moscow risks escalating the Ukraine war

A music concert in suburban Moscow became the scene of a bloody terrorist attack on March 22 as gunmen with automatic weapons and Molotov cocktails killed more than 130 people and injured dozens more.
Immediately after the attack, speculation emerged about who was responsible.

Although Ukraine was quick to deny any involvement, Russian President Vladimir Putin used a short televised statement to his nation to suggest, without evidence, that Ukraine was prepared to help the terrorists escape.

https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/islamic ... raine-war/
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

MT Anderson
MED SEA FLOTILLA
Sentinel 2 from 25 March 2024.
Appears that the entire task force is in port.
Admiral Grigorovich has returned from Algiers along with Kama (fleet oiler).
Sentinel 2 caveats apply.

Snellers J.
Hi MT - given the reported downing of 2 Tsirkon hypersonic missiles, do you know which of the Russian vessels in the Black Sea (or Caspian Flotilla?) would be capable of firing such munitions?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Minister for Defence Procurement, James Cartlidge said:
The conflict in Ukraine has been an incubator for new ways of war and we need to learn and implement those hard-fought lessons.

Rapidly being able to develop and upgrade uncrewed systems will be key to gaining battlefield advantage and we must seize this opportunity to grow and sustain such skills and capabilities in the UK.

The strategy brings together a clear, unified focus – backed by billions in funding - while providing the flexibility to meet different requirements in the air, over land and at sea.

Ultimately, this is about learning the lessons from the Ukrainian frontline to procure drones at scale for the UK’s Armed Forces.

Of the £2.5 billion pounds to be spent on supporting Ukraine this coming financial year, more than £200 million will go towards supplying Ukraine with uncrewed systems.

As the Defence Secretary announced last week, the UK will include work to scale up the Drone Capability Coalition’s provision of ‘first-person view’ (FPV) drones to Ukraine. This will help to scale the UK’s domestic drone industry across manufacturing and software development whilst giving Ukraine cutting-edge, battle-tested capabilities to defend their citizens and target the invading Russian forces.

From https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new- ... med-forces
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Go to https://twitter.com/DefenceHQ/status/17 ... 15/photo/1 and scroll right for 4 images in connection with the attached.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Intelschizo reposted:
Havoc Six
Poland formally suspending participation and adherence to the Treaty on Conventional Armed Forces in Europe (CFE).
It was designed to prevent either NATO or the Warsaw Pact from conducting "blitzkrieg-type offensives" and put both sides on relatively equal footing as far as forces went.
Russia withdrew last year and the U.S. followed suit alongside several other allies.
See https://www.armscontrol.org/factsheet/cfe
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “International Developments and Joint Service Exercises”