NATO - The Ukraine

Make your posts about Naval, together with Joint and Inter Service Execises on this thread. NATO, SEATO, etc.
Pelican

Re: NATO - The Ukraine

Unread post by Pelican »

TODAY'S MOD INTEL. UPDATE
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Russia is days away from a historic debt default as a $100 million payment comes due with Moscow cut off from the global financial system

Russia has $100 million in foreign debt payments due Sunday night, as a 30-day grace period ends. If bondholders don't receive payment on time, Russia will see its first default since 1998. Last month, the US Treasury had let a key sanctions exemption expire, which further squeezed Moscow's financial abilities.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

TODAY'S INTEL. UPDATE
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Ukrainian Pilots Visit U.S. To Lobby for Fighter Jets

Ukrainian defense officials say its pilots are ready to learn how to fly NATO aircraft.

See - https://www.flyingmag.com/ukrainian-pil ... c4OmxNSkNk
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

TODAY'S INTEL. UPDATE
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

FROM NAVY LOOKOUT

Russian Kilo-class submarine RFS Alrosa has sailed from Sevastopol for sea trials following an 8-year upgrade project - now capable of launching Kalibr cruise missiles.
One of 6 submarines in the Russian Black Sea Fleet, of which 2 or 3 are probably active.

See - https://twitter.com/NavyLookout/status/ ... 1415068674 - for video.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Navy Lookout

"For too long Defence has lived on a diet of smoke & mirrors, hollowed out formations and fantasy efficiency savings, while in the last few yrs the threat from states has started to increase”
The truth from B Wallace MP Defence Secretary. Subtext - Boris we have to raise spending.

See - https://twitter.com/NavyLookout/status/ ... 1103592450 - for video.
Also see - https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... dp-by-2028
And - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61961675
greendragon

Unread post by greendragon »

Words of the UK Def Sec Mr Wallace are all true.
NATO countries - except minority like USofA (of course), Poland and if remember well also UK - before Russian aggression to Ukraine were well under prescribed 2% of GNP on defense spending.
When so much criticized former president Trump was pushing sometimes in harsh words NATO countries to fulfill their obligation he became the enemy of the Western Europe - Germany in particular.
Today defense spending became priority for the NATO countries.

Poland has became a front line country in a matter of weeks and as such pour more and more money for new an actually newest hardware.
None in Poland as far as political parties are considered and with Polish folks support is in opposition to this flow of money.
Info about delivering to Ukraine 18ea of the Polish made SP (self propelled) 155mm guns (called Krab - "Crab") might be of interest of the British because its tower, gun, fire control system have been design for the UK Army - the same 155 SP gun - built by on licence in Poland for some 15 plus years. Many components (gun itself) being purchased from the UK.

And last breaking news from the NATO Madrid summit is both the Nordic countries Finland and Sweden will be taken to NATO as they wish after agreement with Turkey about the "Kurdish terrorists".
Good deal for both sides indeed.

gd
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Biden Administration Basing Two More Destroyers in Rota, Spain

The Biden administration plans to station two more forward-deployed Arleigh Burke-class destroyers in Rota, Spain, the White House announced Tuesday.

Speaking to reporters aboard Air Force One, White House National Security Advisor Jake Sullivan disclosed the plans while traveling to Madrid, Spain, for the NATO summit.

“Those will help increase the United States’ and NATO’s maritime presence and all the relevant maritime domains in the Euro-Atlantic area,” Sullivan said of the destroyers, according to a White House transcript.

It’s unclear which ships will head to Rota or when they will depart. The Office of the Secretary of Defense did not immediately return a request for comment on the destroyers.

The two additional Arleigh Burke-class ships will join USS Ross (DDG-71), USS Roosevelt (DDG-80), USS Porter (DDG-78) and USS Arleigh Burke (DDG-51), the four ballistic missile defense destroyers currently based at Naval Station Rota as part of Forward Deployed Naval Force-Europe (FDNF-E).

Continues at - https://news.usni.org/2022/06/28/biden- ... more-95407
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

TODAY'S INTEL. UPDATE
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Naval Developments and Joint Service Exercises”