Lost and Found

Information of a General Nature
Pelican

Lost and Found

Unread post by Pelican »

Shane Matthew *

Ladies and gents, I have been handed this medal by a metal detector friend and want to try and reunite it with the owners family.
Found on Bognor Regis Beach.
RN Service Medal for Duty in Palestine 1945-48
Service details:
B P Gibbons
OS RN
JX734481
If anyone has any pointers I would love to reunite this with the family. Obviously, as a beach find, likelihood is it was part of a burial ceremony and I completely understand if they do not wish to have it returned, if it is not reunited I will not be selling it, it will be held and passed on.

* https://www.facebook.com/shane.glasspool.3
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
limeybiker

Re: Lost and Found

Unread post by limeybiker »

Well done the detectorist, I wish you every success in finding a relative.

I was contacted by email one day, by an American who had purchased a set of medals on EBay and he had been googling the medal owner's name and found him mentioned on my web page for HMS Victorious, LSA Shepard was the medal owner and he had obviously crossed the bar, Harry was a three badge killick in 1956, when I was a junior SA (S), I found it to be very sad.
Here is a photograph of Harry and his medals, long may he rule with cyber honours.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  • Up Spirits
    It’s Tot Time
    somewhere in the World
Yours Aye
Barry and Sharon Lockyer
Sunny Ocala, FL 34476 USA
http://www.barrylockyer.com/[/b]
ivorthediver

Re: Lost and Found

Unread post by ivorthediver »

As you comment Barry , and again a sad end for a mans endeavours whilst serving his country ....
Different minds have different points of view but a shame that they were not cherished IMO :(
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “General Information”