ivorthediver

Re: RFA Tankers: Tide Class 2017

Unread post by ivorthediver »

Thanks David , great photo's ........
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
ivorthediver

Hmmmmm yes I take your point David , but I think they have more chance of getting an Osprey than a Chinook and there possibility are as likely Hens Teeth .

Slightly off topic David, do you recall my question [ along with many others :oops: ] about the fact that ships in service for only a comparatively short period seem to have concave panels on their hulls :?:

Whilst reading one of the reports on " onboard analysis software" that Harry found I come across a wonderful term used by software companies to describe this appearance ...that of a " Starving Horse" appearance which seemed quite apt ;)
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

ivorthediver wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:12 pm Hmmmmm yes I take your point David , but I think they have more chance of getting an Osprey than a Chinook and there possibility are as likely Hens Teeth .

Slightly off topic David, do you recall my question [ along with many others :oops: ] about the fact that ships in service for only a comparatively short period seem to have concave panels on their hulls :?:

Whilst reading one of the reports on " onboard analysis software" that Harry found I come across a wonderful term used by software companies to describe this appearance ...that of a " Starving Horse" appearance which seemed quite apt ;)
Ivor there is plenty of info on the net, mostly pdf's but here is one link on the subject.
https://www.marineinsight.com/naval-arc ... -erection/
I understand what you are getting at but often the appearance of concave plates is in my opinion produced by the angle at which the photo is taken and/or how light, usually the sun, is affecting the result.
Others may have a different opinion?
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
ivorthediver

Thank you David , for your assistance with the points raised .

Having been interested in ship construction for longer than I remember now but find difficulty in finding it as not sure under what heading to go for that reveals it .......yes I could follow them all but.....like other's have other commitments to consider as well , so very grateful when those who are "In the Know" can point me in the right direction , so again my thanks
Brian James

Unread post by Brian James »

Tide Class Fleet Tanker RFA Tiderace at Rothesay Bay, Isle of Bute,Firth of Clyde,November 7th 2018.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ivorthediver

Smart looking ships Brian , and great that they are all at work now , many thanks for the photo
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Brian James

Unread post by Brian James »

Tide-Class Replenishment Tanker RFA Tidesurge pictured on approach to Portsmouth Naval Base,November 2nd 2018.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ivorthediver

Well they certainly "appear" to be fit for purpose , has all the muck slinging been resolved now and do we have the valve issue resolved please
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “The Royal Fleet Auxiliary”