RFA Tankers: Tide Class 2017

A civilian-manned fleet owned by the United Kingdom's Ministry of Defence
Pelican

Re: RFA Tankers: Tide Class 2017

Unread post by Pelican »

HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Little h

Unread post by Little h »

....RFA Tidesurge ..... we're stretching our rig .... Anybody ever seen or heard of this activity/evolution before?

RFA Tidesurge @RFATidesurge on Twitter
DuYT4aJXcAAqVP_.jpg

No we're not quite RAS'ing with the port, we're stretching our rig so it's ready for our first replenishment #RoyalFleetAuxiliary #royaltweetauxiliary

Via NavyLookout on Twitter (Save the Royal Navy)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Little h
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Little h wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:44 pm ....RFA Tidesurge ..... we're stretching our rig .... Anybody ever seen or heard of this activity/evolution before?

RFA Tidesurge @RFATidesurge on Twitter

DuYT4aJXcAAqVP_.jpg

No we're not quite RAS'ing with the port, we're stretching our rig so it's ready for our first replenishment #RoyalFleetAuxiliary #royaltweetauxiliary

Via NavyLookout on Twitter (Save the Royal Navy)
No Harry, suppose its attention to detail. Makes one wonder if it was S.Korean gear or UK produced and fitted in Falmouth?
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Little h

Unread post by Little h »

Pelican wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:39 pm
Little h wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:44 pm ....RFA Tidesurge ..... we're stretching our rig .... Anybody ever seen or heard of this activity/evolution before?
No Harry, suppose its attention to detail. Makes one wonder if it was S.Korean gear or UK produced and fitted in Falmouth?

David, they all sailed from S. Korea with hoses strung on their respective (three) kingposts and associated running gear. Whether the running gear, hoses, cradles/trolleys, highlines, etc were sourced in UK and sent to S. Korea for installation I am as yet not aware.

Several of your posts that include links to images of these vessels show the RAS rig (inc hoses) installed.
Little h
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Little h wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:26 pm
Pelican wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:39 pm

David, they all sailed from S. Korea with hoses strung on their respective (three) kingposts and associated running gear. Whether the running gear, hoses, cradles/trolleys, highlines, etc were sourced in UK and sent to S. Korea for installation I am as yet not aware.

Several of your posts that include links to images of these vessels show the RAS rig (inc hoses) installed.
TU for reminder Harry, I'll be the first to admit that ones memory does not improve with the passing of time but of course the gear in question could have been sub contracted out to anywhere and anyone then and installed by the builders. Either way they appear to have done a better job than BAE on the second generation of OPVs which on the face of it appears to be disgraceful or is there more to it I wonder?
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

TIDERACE
From Save the Royal Navy
"RFA Tideforce close to completing fitting out in Falmouth and will commence sea trials soon."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Surge & Race alongside at Portland
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Photos of Tideforce and Lyme Bay at Falmouth yesterday.
See - https://www.facebook.com/RFANostalgia/p ... =3&theater
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Savetheroyalnavy.org
First operational RAS conducted by RFA Tideforce - with HMS Sutherland this Bank Holiday weekend in the South Coast exercise areas
See - https://www.facebook.com/savetheroyalna ... =3&theater
Brian James

Unread post by Brian James »

RFA Tideforce pictured from HMS Queen Elizabeth...2019.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “The Royal Fleet Auxiliary”