RFA Tankers: Tide Class 2017

A civilian-manned fleet owned by the United Kingdom's Ministry of Defence
ivorthediver

Re: RFA Tankers: Tide Class 2017

Unread post by ivorthediver »

No arguments there Dave , nice to see you on line again , hope all is well with you .
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
Brian James

Unread post by Brian James »

Tide Class Replenishment Tanker RFA Tidespring pictured alongside at Halifax, NS on October 29th 2018.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ivorthediver

A bit reckless parking there , the skipper will get a ticket :o
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Pelican wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:57 am Fact or Fiction - Time will tell:

The UK Defence Journal has received concerning information from someone well placed that crews are being asked not to check faulty valves on Tide class vessels in case doing so makes the ship unavailable for tasking.
The UK’s four new Tide Class Tankers are entering service with the Royal Fleet Auxiliary to supply Royal Navy warships, including the two new Queen Elizabeth Class Aircraft Carriers.
On condition of anonymity, we were told:
“The fire main valves knackered. Seizing shut/open. This is the main firemain control valves as well as the individual hydrants. Serviceable valves have been scavenged from Tideforce to keep other Tide class ships operational.”
Our source tells us that the RFA crew responsible for maintenance of the valves has been told “not to check them” as it could potentially stop the ship from carrying out tasking.
Our contact has stressed that he believes the RFA are by no means to blame for this, clearly emphasising “this is a build fault”.
Another naval source explained that there have been teething issues regarding parts for the Tides recently, especially regarding safety equipment on-board.
Continues at - https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/potenti ... ed-worker/
Potential Tide class fire safety issues revealed by concerned worker ~ UPDATE
The UK Defence Journal has received concerning information from someone well placed that crews are being asked not to check faulty valves on Tide class vessels in case doing so makes the ship unavailable for tasking.
This article has been updated with a response from the Ministry of Defence.
The UK’s four new Tide Class Tankers are entering service with the Royal Fleet Auxiliary to supply Royal Navy warships, including the two new Queen Elizabeth Class Aircraft Carriers.
On condition of anonymity, I was told:
Continues at - https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/potenti ... fdMQHsuRXk
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Little h

Unread post by Little h »

Welcome back David.

Re. your post about the new Tide Class: Isn't that the same info I posted on 9th Oct 2018 taken from Save the Royal Navy.org about a FOST re-sit and the dodgy valves story:?
Little h
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Little h wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:51 pm Welcome back David.

Re. your post about the new Tide Class: Isn't that the same info I posted on 9th Oct 2018 taken from Save the Royal Navy.org about a FOST re-sit and the dodgy valves story:?
Probably Harry but 'this' piece from UKDJ is dated today - updated. ;)
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Update for info:
"RFA TIDESPRING LEAVES HALIFAX CANADA ON 1 NOVEMBER 2018.
RFA Tidespring heads out to meet up with HMS Monmouth and HMS Queen Elizabeth for DTII trials of the F35B of Westlant18 on 7th November 2018. Finally we have a Tide. Of course RFA Tidesurge was expected, but FOST issues caused RFA Tidespring to step in."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Pelican wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:16 am Update for info:
"RFA TIDESPRING LEAVES HALIFAX CANADA ON 1 NOVEMBER 2018.
RFA Tidespring heads out to meet up with HMS Monmouth and HMS Queen Elizabeth for DTII trials of the F35B of Westlant18 on 7th November 2018. Finally we have a Tide. Of course RFA Tidesurge was expected, but FOST issues caused RFA Tidespring to step in."
See also - https://twitter.com/NavyLookout/status/ ... 37QWBBIWSY
ivorthediver

I still smell a decomposing "Rat" ref the defects on the fire main reports but thanks for the update David .

The one thing that sticks in my craw in the whistle blowers report is the fact that the Skipper hand picked his crew to ensure that little was said .... :evil: ......says a lot about the "Man" if you'll forgive the term in this context :? :?
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

"A Chinook make the first landing on a Tide-class tanker yesterday.

On board RFA Tidesurge off Portsmouth during First of Class Flight Trials."
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “The Royal Fleet Auxiliary”