Hospital

Have a look at some of the masterpieces created by Jim Rae
Vegaskip

Hospital

Unread post by Vegaskip »

Just to let friends know I am presently in Hospital. I was ' Blues and Twos' to Victoria Hospital with a Chest infection and Pneumonia. I was pretty well out of it yesterday afternoon. But the Doctors soon sorted me out. I am much better today. Pumped full of antibiotics Intravenous and pills and steroids. Depending on how things go I might get home tomorrow but the Doc say no promises. If I don’t post for a few days you’ll know why
Jim
998562F9-6E23-42E8-8919-BF7AAF3C0A3A.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ivorthediver

Re: Hospital

Unread post by ivorthediver »

God Speed and a speedy return dear friend ...........love to Greta whom I'm sure will be worried as ended we all are :)
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
DaveH

Unread post by DaveH »

Sorry to hear you down Jim , best wishes for a speedy recovery .

DaveH
ivorthediver

WE hope you are well enough to read this Jim , and that you are recovering well as we speak , we are ALL routing for you and hope you get your early parole as mentioned yesterday ......

Our love to you both Jim , but rest is the best cure at present till your back on your feet

Much love Ivor and Karen :) :)
Little h

Unread post by Little h »

Wishing you an early recovery Jim.

You'll easily brush off this ailment, then the Doc will give you a clean canvas - when you get home your palette will return to normal and you will soon regain your creativity :)

Before anybody writes in ....I know it's palate not palette ;)
Little h
ivorthediver

wouldn't dream of it Harry .....not only I am a lousy speller myself..... unlike the venerable Harry wot can spak en spel owl sorts of lingo
Vegaskip

Thanks for your good wishes. Monday morning and still here.they recon at least another day. Feel a lot better, but still getting pumped full of Antibiotics. I’ll have a new job when I get home, Pin Cushion for Greta’s embroidery!. Got moved into a side room last night. Floor to ceiling window wth a lovely view over exotic Kirkcaldy , another floor up and I would be able to see the sea!, well at least the Forth. Breakfast has just arrived, so have to go
Thanks again
Jim
ivorthediver

Yes I thought you were bit optimistic getting out the next day Jim , as I said when I had pneumonia the first time it was two weeks in isolation ward , and then three months on a Nebuliser , and the second time ten days in general ward .

As for pin cushion on my first visit it was every three hours and on oxygen , and second visit twice a day .

Anyway whats a bonny lad like you worried about a few needles , apart from my five insulin injections per day for 53 years I also carry out 8 blood tests a day so I must qualify for a colander rating eh :!:

Ok you have had a few days off and a laugh , and Greta said she has managed to clean up your palette's and rinse your brushes ....so back to work laddie yer ken :D
jbryce1437

Unread post by jbryce1437 »

Sorry to hear about your spell in sick bay Jim, you are in the best place to get sorted out.
Take care and get well soon.
Jim
HMS Raleigh 1963 , HMS Collingwood 1963 & 67 , HMS Ark Royal 1964-7, HMS Undaunted 1968-71, HMS Victory (Fleet Maintenance Group) 1971-72, HMS Exmouth 1972-74
JEM, EM, OEM, LOEM, POOEL
Then 28 years in the Fire Brigade
Retired since 2002
Vegaskip

Thanks to both. Been told if Temp ok tomorrow AM I’m off home! So fingers crossed.
I’ve been all over the place. Started in DE Ward Friday night,up to Ward 24 Saturday night, Sunday moved along the corridor to Room 8. Monday, back to 24, sat for a while, but before I got 'un packed' I was moved again!. I’m now in Ward 12. I suppose the next move will be to Queen Margret Hospital in Dunfermline.
Jim
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Jims Paintings”