HMS Victory 1/96 scale R/C working model

Building a model? Need help with it? Show the work in progress or the completed project, etc.
ivorthediver

Re: HMS Victory 1/96 scale R/C working model

Unread post by ivorthediver »

Thank you David , but in fairness his choice of scale [1/48] allows him greater latitude with the amount of detail he was able to include , but a work of art none the less , excellent detail :D
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
DaveH

Unread post by DaveH »

Hi Ivor ..... Have just been doing a bit of catchup looking at your Victory ,,,, very Impressive ..... now I will go back to the beginning and follow the build thru . HMY is still sitting on her shelf ,,,, no work done since COVID . Will she ever be finished ??????

DaveH
ivorthediver

Hi Dave..... Great to hear from you !, hope you're in good spirits and managing to enjoy yourself .
We heard from Don Bowyer yesterday and that he is a long way off from the latest fires over there in Hawaii.....

The model is due to be reworked [ hopefully soon ] and the plastic film sails will be replaced with linen sails to prevent the tendency it had in going astern instead of forward , and improving the anticipated directional control , but the other schooners I built and beam Trawler altered the priority of the build programme somewhat ...... ;) but she swims well just not in the direction I had hoped it would :o

Warm regards to you both ....from Karen and I .....
ivorthediver

Here's one of the guilty party that has interrupted the build refit on HMS Victory ! .

She was a discarded model that I " breathed on " and fitted Kort drive motors , bilge pump to emulate water cooling action of engine along with engine / ships horn sound kit , trawl nets and alterations to the deck fittings .....a little left to do but will get back to refit soon . :oops:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Model Makers Section”