my Last Model

Building a model? Need help with it? Show the work in progress or the completed project, etc.
ivorthediver

my Last Model

Unread post by ivorthediver »

Thought you might like a glance at my last model boat which is a Schooner that I have been passing the time of day with for about 4 months .

Same set up , started with a hull and built the rest from scratch , not finished but hope to do buoyancy test soon
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
jbryce1437

Re: my Last Model

Unread post by jbryce1437 »

She looks good Ivor. I am impressed by the addition of the TV aerial on the foremast - the crew will be spoilt rotten ;-)

Jim
HMS Raleigh 1963 , HMS Collingwood 1963 & 67 , HMS Ark Royal 1964-7, HMS Undaunted 1968-71, HMS Victory (Fleet Maintenance Group) 1971-72, HMS Exmouth 1972-74
JEM, EM, OEM, LOEM, POOEL
Then 28 years in the Fire Brigade
Retired since 2002
ivorthediver

Well basin trials tomorrow so keep your fingers crossed , still not finished but time for shake down trials [ says he praying nothing goes wrong at the lake ]

Curious to see how she handles , as this is the most complicated sailing vessel I've built [ gulp] :roll: so may be my last post if it sinks ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jbryce1437

Good luck with the basin trials Ivor, I am sure that they will go well

Jim
HMS Raleigh 1963 , HMS Collingwood 1963 & 67 , HMS Ark Royal 1964-7, HMS Undaunted 1968-71, HMS Victory (Fleet Maintenance Group) 1971-72, HMS Exmouth 1972-74
Retired since 2002
ivorthediver

Following recent trials in the Lake nearby I had decided to fit topsails to the main masts , and on fitting the first there was a marked improvement in handling so based on that I have now fitted them to both masts as shown.
The lower boom or spars ends of these top sails are linked to the trailing end of the Gaff rig sail upper boom immediately behind to ease in the handling of these additional sails which would normally only be found on three masted schooners I believe , and they are both fitted via spring clips in the event that the weather dictates less sail area .
If I can obtain any decent photos of her [ subject to wind ] I will let you know .
jbryce1437

Great job Ivor, is the thread name right - is this to be your last model, or only the "latest" model?

Jim
Retired since 2002
ivorthediver

Morning Jim , sadly its right , as costs ,space and health issues are the base cause .

this collection of events has finally slowed down my hobby , so its a case of maintenance and repair now :(
jbryce1437

ivorthediver wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:13 am Morning Jim , sadly its right , as costs ,space and health issues are the base cause .

this collection of events has finally slowed down my hobby , so its a case of maintenance and repair now :(
Ok Ivor, still plenty to keep you busy then.

Jim
Retired since 2002
ivorthediver

What its it that "Jack" says= "time and tide wait for no man" or " never say never " or " there but for the grace of God go I " ;)

All of which apply in my case Jim , but having suffered severe withdrawel symptoms I have postponed the "Last model" prefix which has now been superseded by " HMS Victory 1/96 scale model" of scratch built plank on plank timber model from plans ....not " ex kit stock "....so you should feel quite at home now eh Jim .

So Jack now says "not a minute to be lost " [ well at the rate this will take ...it's probably quite apt here ]...... :D
ivorthediver

Heres the latest picture of my last built model which as you can now see is a " Top sail Schooner".....and will keep me sane whilst "HMS Victory" is under construction
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Model Makers Section”