RCN in General

Add your posts about the Canadian Navy in this section
Pelican

RCN in General

Unread post by Pelican »

Your Navy Today - May and June 2021

Your Navy Today is a monthly newsletter highlighting your Royal Canadian Navy’s current Operations, stories about our sailors and historic naval heroes, new equipment and technology and the top photos and videos.

See:
http://www.navy-marine.forces.gc.ca/en/ ... today.page
Link from Tim.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Re: RCN in General

Unread post by Pelican »

HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Brian James

Unread post by Brian James »

RCN task force pictured departing Halifax for Ex Cutlass Fury 21.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Canadian navy needs to recruit 1,000 sailors to crew new warships: Vice-Admiral

The commander of the Royal Canadian Navy is sounding the alarm over a shortage of sailors, saying he needs about 1,000 additional mariners to crew Canada’s warships.

Vice-Admiral Craig Baines told The Canadian Press in an interview that the navy has been able to make do with its current personnel levels, but only because it retired three destroyers and two support ships that have yet to be replaced.

“We decommissioned five ships over the last seven or eight years, that adds up to just 1,000 people,” he said. “So we’ve been able to somewhat mitigate the stress of being 1,000 people short.”

Yet the navy has already put one new Arctic offshore patrol vessel into service as part of the federal government’s multibillion-dollar effort to replace nearly the entirety of Canada’s aging coast guard and naval fleets.

Continues at - https://www.thestar.com/politics/2021/1 ... ander.html
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

TWEET FROM BobsleighCANSkeleton

21 bobsleigh/skeleton athletes to represent Team Canada.
3 skeleton athletes along with a full fleet of 18 bobsledders will ship out to Beijing on a mission to deliver podium performances at the 2022 Olympics while paying homage to Royal Can Navy.
The story - See:
https://www.bobsleighcanadaskeleton.ca/en/news/?id=576
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
timlewin

Unread post by timlewin »

the ship in camo is HMCS Moncton...
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Royal Canadian Navy Vessels Visit - TO ST. GEORGES, BERMUDA

Two Royal Canadian Navy vessels — the HMCS Goose Bay and the HMCS Moncton — are visiting the island, stopping in St George’s.

According to the Canadian Government’s website the HMCS Goose Bay “has taken part in many different taskings: fishery patrols, northern deployments in support of the Canadian Rangers, mine clearance exercises in American waters, security patrols for the visit to Halifax of the President of the United States of America in 2004 as well as search and rescue missions.

“Goose Bay visited her namesake city of Goose Bay in August 2008. Goose Bay continues to support Canada’s defence objectives both domestically and internationally.”

As far as HMCS Moncton, the website states, “She is crewed almost entirely by naval reservists. HMCS Moncton was among those present at the scene of the Swissair disaster in September of 1998.

“HMCS Moncton, in company with HMCS Goose Bay, departed Halifax on April 1, 2001, to participate in North Atlantic Treaty Organization’s mine warfare Exercise Blue Game off the coasts of Norway and Denmark between April 23 and May 9. In 2003, she spent 144 days at sea, performing various tasks such as fisheries patrols, sailing close to 17,000 nautical miles.

“HMCS Moncton is homeported at Halifax and she continues to conduct operations in support of Canada’s domestic and international policies.”

See - https://bernews.com/2022/01/photos-roya ... els-visit/

http://www.bermuda-online.org/
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

HMCS HALIFAX

Ready Aye Ready…even for fuelling in blizzard conditions.
Atlantic Fleet Greyhound HMCS HALIFAX conducting final readiness checks before departing to join one of the standing fleets of NATO MARCOM Royal Can Navy and RCN MARLANT providing the Alliance mission ready platforms.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

HMCS HALIFAX

Ready Aye Ready…even for fuelling in blizzard conditions.
Atlantic Fleet Greyhound HMCS HALIFAX conducting final readiness checks before departing to join one of the standing fleets of NATO MARCOM RoyalCanNavy and RCN MARLANT providing the Alliance mission ready platforms.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Here is the latest from your Royal Canadian Navy.

See: https://www.canada.ca/en/navy/corporate ... sue-6.html
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Canadian Navy”