MAC SHIP Macoma scale 1/72

Building a model? Need help with it? Show the work in progress or the completed project, etc.
Skybert

MAC SHIP Macoma scale 1/72

Unread post by Skybert »

Hello all, onboarding and saluting the flag here.

Corona lockdowns have reignited my longterm project to build a scale 1/72 model of MAC ship Macoma.
I hope this new forum unlocks some more secrets on the internal structures of the RAPANA class of ships through unseen pictures.
The flightdeck structures were completely based on tankerdeck double plate foundations, nowhere the tankerdeck was pierced to connect to internal structures, that I know. Before adding the flightdeck I will first complete the ship in het Shell prewar tanker outfitting. Also I cut the wooden hull in two for easier handling and storing and will reassemble using magnets.
Thanks for looking, and will be happy with anything you guys can contribute.
Regards
Bert

jbryce1437

Re: MAC SHIP Macoma scale 1/72

Unread post by jbryce1437 »

Hello Bert and welcome.
Quite a big project so good luck with it.

Jim
HMS Raleigh 1963 , HMS Collingwood 1963 & 67 , HMS Ark Royal 1964-7, HMS Undaunted 1968-71, HMS Victory (Fleet Maintenance Group) 1971-72, HMS Exmouth 1972-74
JEM, EM, OEM, LOEM, POOEL
Then 28 years in the Fire Brigade
Retired since 2002
ivorthediver

Re: MAC SHIP Macoma scale 1/72

Unread post by ivorthediver »

Welcome , to the Forum and I wish you luck with that task which smacks of a labour of love , please keep us posted with your progress on her Bert , as there are many modellers on this Forum who would love to follow your progress , so good luck and always pleased to offer help where able ..... :)
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Model Makers Section”