Photography

Got some ships photographs or videos that you want to share with others? Post them here
jbryce1437

Re: Photography

Unread post by jbryce1437 »

Little h wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:53 pm
jbryce1437 wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:12 pm Today in Scarborough, hope the weather stays like this all week :D

Jim
Are you staying in the Grand Jim?

SWMBO and I used that hotel for many years, the quite suddenly it went way below an acceptable standard; so we never returned.
No h, hired a three bed semi with No2 son and family near Peasholm Park. Stayed at the Grand once, on coach tour, some years ago and we were in one of the round corner turret rooms on the very top floor. The room was circular and the bed was a tight fit, insofar as you had to climb over the corner of it to get in at the other side. The catering was NAFFI style, with people picking food up with their hands, changing their mind and putting it back. I think it belonged to Butlins at one time but it is a Brittania Hotel now. It has some nice architectural features and a magnificent staircase but the catering lets it down.
We have stayed in lots of other hotels and guest houses here, probably our favourite is the Weston Hotel - nice rooms and lovely food. My wife will not fly or go on a ferry so we always holiday in the UK, although I did manage to get her to the Black Forest and the The Moselle by coach, which went both ways through the channel tunnel :D

Jim
HMS Raleigh 1963 , HMS Collingwood 1963 & 67 , HMS Ark Royal 1964-7, HMS Undaunted 1968-71, HMS Victory (Fleet Maintenance Group) 1971-72, HMS Exmouth 1972-74
JEM, EM, OEM, LOEM, POOEL
Then 28 years in the Fire Brigade
Retired since 2002
Little h

Unread post by Little h »

jbryce1437 wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:30 pm
Little h wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:53 pm
jbryce1437 wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:12 pm Today in Scarborough, hope the weather stays like this all week :D
Jim
Are you staying in the Grand Jim?
SWMBO and I used that hotel for many years, the quite suddenly it went way below an acceptable standard; so we never returned.
No h, hired a three bed semi with No2 son and family near Peasholm Park. Stayed at the Grand once, on coach tour, some years ago and we were in one of the round corner turret rooms on the very top floor. The room was circular and the bed was a tight fit, insofar as you had to climb over the corner of it to get in at the other side. The catering was NAFFI style, with people picking food up with their hands, changing their mind and putting it back. I think it belonged to Butlins at one time but it is a Brittania Hotel now. It has some nice architectural features and a magnificent staircase but the catering lets it down.
We have stayed in lots of other hotels and guest houses here, probably our favourite is the Weston Hotel - nice rooms and lovely food. My wife will not fly or go on a ferry so we always holiday in the UK, although I did manage to get her to the Black Forest and the The Moselle by coach, which went both ways through the channel tunnel :D

Jim
Thanks Jim, I shall resist recounting any experiences other than to say the meals were good when we made our frequent visits there, but oh the queueing. The staircase appears to have remained a fine feature to this day. Enjoy your holiday mate.
Little h
jbryce1437

Unread post by jbryce1437 »

Just for you Harry, I popped my head in the door of the Grand when I was passing today and took a couple of pics

Jim
IMG_5538a.jpg
IMG_5542a.jpg
IMG_5548a.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HMS Raleigh 1963 , HMS Collingwood 1963 & 67 , HMS Ark Royal 1964-7, HMS Undaunted 1968-71, HMS Victory (Fleet Maintenance Group) 1971-72, HMS Exmouth 1972-74
JEM, EM, OEM, LOEM, POOEL
Then 28 years in the Fire Brigade
Retired since 2002
Little h

Unread post by Little h »

jbryce1437 wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:16 pm Just for you Harry, I popped my head in the door of the Grand when I was passing today and took a couple of pics

Jim
Thanks for that Jim ... I seem to recall that we saw Joe Pasquale perform for the first time in that concert theatre :)
Little h
Culverin

Unread post by Culverin »

An observation of the 2 Victorious images by Barry (Limeybiker) posted Sept 10th 2018, i'll call it #7, where it states Victorious from a Pussers 3 in 1 whaler Portsmouth harbour 1958.

These 2 have to be 1961 at the earliest as both have an unidentified Tribal, Type 81, frigate alongside and 1961 was the date Ashanti, lead ship, first appeared. Time can be a cruel mistress.
limeybiker

Unread post by limeybiker »

Some South Florida Critters taken in Key West. Green Iguanas.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  • Up Spirits
    It’s Tot Time
    somewhere in the World
Yours Aye
Barry and Sharon Lockyer
Sunny Ocala, FL 34476 USA
http://www.barrylockyer.com/[/b]
limeybiker

Unread post by limeybiker »

Sunset at Tampa Bay Bridge as the NCL Pearl transits.
  • Up Spirits
    It’s Tot Time
    somewhere in the World
Yours Aye
Barry and Sharon Lockyer
Sunny Ocala, FL 34476 USA
http://www.barrylockyer.com/[/b]
DaveH

Unread post by DaveH »

Nice Pics Barry ..... give my regards to St Pete's when you are down there , sunsets sitting on the beach were amazing as was the Sea Food

Dave H
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Q. "Is this where you tell us you did this on your Iphone because I will throw my 2k worth of camera gear out the window."

A. "These were taken on my iPhone X max mate! Very welcome for sharing my photos."

Response. "I'm off to find a window! And I'm a samsung Android man just to make it worse."

[Note these photos were taken yesterday evening]

See also - http://lewin-of-greenwich-naval-history ... &mode=view - from a different source.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Royal Navy

Next month we will be celebrating 100 years of the Royal Navy's Photographic Branch
Whereever you see Royal Navy and Royal Marines on operation, you will find a RN Photographer capturing every moment.
Well worth a scroll down to explore more pictures, videos and the stories behind the history here: http://ow.ly/15d350vEcTQ
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Ship, other Photographs and Videos”