Photography

Got some ships photographs or videos that you want to share with others? Post them here
ivorthediver

Re: Photography

Unread post by ivorthediver »

Well not wishing to stoke the argument but I was once a Window user , until apple entered in 2010 ish , now i use nothing else but apple which in my humble opinion beats the crap out of the others , and comes as a package with its own anti virus installed FOC and is regally updated FOC and most essential apps already installed for free....... so yes I am biased

Each Apple device talks to another Apple device FOC and you can start a project on one and finish it on another , it may cost more initially but pays for itself over and over again ....NO I DON'T WORK FOR APPLE ......just recognise value from bitter experience and rapid performance after being let down time and time again before I bought into the system .

Interested ...... well check out the renewed items on Amazing and get one for half price I have on two of my 6 Apple items from the Apple stable and they are the dogs rowlocks and worth every penny ......

Right....... going to have my tot now............... and a price of Apple pie and cream for supper :roll:
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

WORLDS' FIRST PHOTOGRAPH OF A SHIP?

"Monday was World Photography Day. In its honor, a bit belatedly, here is a photo of Brunel’s revolutionary ship, SS Great Britain, taken in 1844. Not only is it believed to be the first photograph of the Great Britain, but it is also believed to be the first photograph of any ship. The image was captured by the pioneering English photographer, William Henry Fox Talbot, using the “calotype” process that he developed.

The Great Britain was the longest passenger ship in the world from 1845 to 1854. She was designed by Isambard Kingdom Brunel (1806–1859), for the Great Western Steamship Company‘s transatlantic service between Bristol and New York. While other ships had been built of iron or equipped with a screw propeller, Great Britain was the first to combine these features in a large ocean-going ship."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
ivorthediver

Unread post by ivorthediver »

Heres a photograph you may like to view of recent events .

This was a complete surprise to me , not one to take photo's of insects or Forna and flora , but this fascinated me , so hope you agree .

My neighbour called me over to view this describing it as a Hummingbird Hawk Moth which I thought was a wind up but on closer inspection was pleasantly surprised ..

I later found out that this is a common sight in America , but never heard of it before .....see what you think .

If you look carefully you will see its Phrobosus [ spelt that wrong I'm sure ] going into the flower to extract nectar and its wings are flapping just like a Hummingbird and is about 2" long .......such swift mover and so distinctive , yet never seen it before ........ :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
Brian James

Unread post by Brian James »

Yours truly trying to look serious about ships husbandry with Rat Gilmore..HMNZS Blackpool,Pearl Harbor 1968.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

TRAINEE RN PHOTOGRAPHER'S HISTORIC PICTURES PROJECT
23 February 2021
Iconic images of World War Two bomb damaged Plymouth and Devonport have been faithfully recreated by a trainee Royal Naval photographer.

See - https://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/news-and-l ... ld-and-new
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Ship, other Photographs and Videos”