Dhobi Day

Have a look at some of the masterpieces created by Jim Rae
Vegaskip

Dhobi Day

Unread post by Vegaskip »

NEW
Somewhere in the Med. Two Decker heads for the sea, another refitting masts and rigging. However it is 'Dhobi' day on the Frigate with the crew's hammocks strung in the rigging to dry.
W/C 14” X 10”
Jim
C084F570-0213-47A5-9BB8-1F3A2FE00658.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ivorthediver

Re: Dhobi Day

Unread post by ivorthediver »

What a wonderful portrayal Jim ........ was torn betwixt the detail and the subject ......a case of wonder against laughter which was greatly appreciated by me .

Absolutely love the detail of the rigging Jim which looks spot on , which having viewed the Cutty Sark is praise indeed my dear friend .....top's marks [ forgive the pun ;) ]

I will print this and Frame it Jim it will hang in pride of place
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
DaveH

Unread post by DaveH »

Brings back memories of the 50's on Destroyers when we trailed our hammocks over the stern to wash them and secure them to the guardrails to dry them . God help anyone who could not tie a decent knot . :o
Little h

Unread post by Little h »

DaveH wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:04 pm Brings back memories of the 50's on Destroyers when we trailed our hammocks over the stern to wash them and secure them to the guardrails to dry them . God help anyone who could not tie a decent knot. :o
It was still going on in the early 60's ye olde Ch.Tel. ;)

Great subject for your brush skills there Jim.
Little h
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Jims Paintings”