Ukrainian Navy

Add your posts about Other Navies, not already listed, here
Pelican

Re: Ukrainian Navy

Unread post by Pelican »

Ukrainian warships complete training off Scottish coast

The Ukrainian Navy’s newest vessels, Chernihiv and Cherkasy, have concluded their latest training phase alongside partner nations in the United Kingdom as part of Exercise Sea Breeze 2023.
According to a tweet by the Royal Navy, this marked the end of the current phase of training for the two Ukrainian ships in UK waters.

See - https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/ukraini ... Ris66c6HMY
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Navy Lookout

Babcockplc has been awarded a 3-yr contract to support / maintain two MCMVs ‘Cherkasy’ and ‘Chernihiv’ for Navy of 🇺🇦Ukraine following their transfer from the RN.
This is Babcock’s 1st contract under Ukraine Naval Capability Enhancement Programme (UNCEP) which includes the enhancement of capabilities on existing naval platforms.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Two Ukrainian Navy ships to be temporarily based in Portsmouth

Two former Royal Navy ships now serving with the Ukrainian Navy will be a frequent sight in the waters off the South Coast as they operate from their new temporary home in Portsmouth Naval Base.
The Sandown-class minehunters, formerly HMS Shoreham and HMS Grimsby, now renamed Cherkasy and Chernihiv after being transferred to Ukraine last year, arrived in Portsmouth following a two-day voyage from Scotland.

The ships will be based in Portsmouth for the foreseeable future as they prepare for exercises with the Royal Navy alongside the US Navy in UK waters, which will help Ukraine understand how to operate with NATO navies.

The Ukrainian sailors have undergone training with the Royal Navy’s instructors from Fleet Operational Standards and Training over the past 18 months, meaning they are able to safely operate their new vessels.

Their arrival is a key milestone in the Maritime Capability Coalition, which helps Ukraine’s navy with training, equipment, and infrastructure, to bolster security in the Black Sea region. The UK is co-leading the Maritime Capability Coalition, alongside Norway.

Eventually, the plan is for Cherkasy and Chernihiv – which both arrived in Portsmouth flying the Union Jack as a courtesy – to operate in the Black Sea after Russia’s illegal and unprovoked war in Ukraine ends, clearing mines from vital sea lanes.

“We haven’t been telling too many people the ships are coming, but now they’re here they will be welcomed with open arms both here in the Naval Base and in the city of Portsmouth,” said Naval Base Commander, Commodore John Voyce.

“I’ve just been on board and the sailors are excited and positive about being here in Portsmouth Naval Base, getting support from UK companies and training with the Norwegian and Royal Navy.

“The ships will be based here for as long as they need, and we will be here to support them. The training of their people is important, and they can get out on the sea and work on maritime skills.”

Commodore Paul Pitcher, the Royal Navy’s Commander Surface Flotilla, added: “There are huge amounts of Russian mines across 800 square kilometres of the Black Sea and Ukraine’s economy is heavily based on exporting grain through the same sea.

“Key to the post-conflict stability of Ukraine and economic recovery is the safe passage of traffic. These vessels will be crucial in providing safe sea lanes for the Ukrainian economy.”

Continues https://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/news-and-l ... portsmouth
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Navies”