Aircraft Carriers: Kuznetsov

Add your posts about the Russian Navy in this section
Pelican

Re: Aircraft Carriers: Kuznetsov

Unread post by Pelican »

Russian Aircraft Carrier RFS Admiral Kuznetsov has been moved out of dry dock in Murmansk.

She is supposedly due to return to operational service in 2024 following 6 years under repair.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Re: Aircraft Carriers: Kuznetsov

Unread post by Pelican »

Aircraft carriers aren't the Russian navy's only problem. It has also struggled for decades to build jets for them.

In July, Russian state media reported that Russia's sole aircraft carrier, Admiral Kuznetsov, could return to active service by the end of 2024.

Kuznetsov has been undergoing repairs since 2017, and its return to duty has been delayed repeatedly by mishaps and malfunctions.

The carrier has done only one combat deployment in its nearly 30-year career, and its return would be a milestone, but even if the Kuznetsov passes its planned sea trials, equipping the ship with a fully functioning air wing will probably remain a significant task for Russia.

Despite operating aircraft-carrying ships for more than a half-century, Russia has struggled to build effective fixed-wing jets for those ships to carry into action.

Continues at - https://www.businessinsider.com/russia- ... ?r=US&IR=T - LFT
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Russian Navy”