Ships of the Polish Navy

Add your posts about the Polish Navy in this section
Pelican

Re: Ships of the Polish Navy

Unread post by Pelican »

Polish Destroyer ORP Grom is launched at the J. Samuel White Shipyard in Cowes, Isle of Wight, England on July 20, 1936
Grom’s sister-ship ORP Błyskawica, seen on the ways on the left would be launched on October 1, 1936.
In August 1939, the Polish Destroyers Grom, Błyskawica, and the older smaller Burza fled to the UK to serve with the Royal Navy after Poland was invaded by Germany in WW2. ORP Grom was sunk off of Norway by Luftwaffe Bombers on May 4, 1940. ORP Błyskawica survived WW2, and in 1976 became a museum ship in Gdynia.
National Science and Media Museum, Bradford, United Kingdom
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Brian James

Unread post by Brian James »

Polish Navy, Oliver Hazzard Perry Class Frigate ORP General T Kosciuszko pictured from the North Shields Ferry Pontoon as she arrives on the River Tyne on May 11th 2023.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
greendragon

Unread post by greendragon »

OHPs are good looking ships - and of course our ORP Kosciuszko is most beautiful because it is ours !!!

gd
greendragon

ORP Blyskawica goes for winter rest

Unread post by greendragon »

The destroyer has left her permanent location at Gdynia pier and went to the Naval yard temorally leaving the spacefor moving submarine ORP Sokol to the Naval Museum.
ORP Sokol, decomissioned will be put on static display at the Naval Museum , with doors cut in her hull to allow visitors to enter inside, like HMS Alliance in Portsmouth.
ORP Sokol (Hawk) is a Kobben class ex Norwegian KNM Stord transfered to Polish navy in 2002 , in service till 2018.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Polish Armaments Group sign agreements with UK firms

The UK Government has announced that the latest phase of Poland’s “Miecznik” (meaning “Swordfish” in Polish) frigates programme is set to commence, following agreements between three major UK defence contractors and the Polish Navy.
An agreement between MBDA UK and the Polish Armaments Group (PGZ) was signed this week, marking the third contract under the Miecznik programme with UK companies, following previous agreements with Babcock and Thales UK.
See - https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/polish- ... -uk-firms/
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Sea Ceptor missile chosen for Poland’s new frigates

MBDA has been awarded a contract to equip the Polish Navy’s three new Miecznik-class frigates with the Sea Ceptor naval air defence system.
The system is designed to defend naval vessels against modern air and surface threats, including supersonic anti-ship missiles and unmanned surface vessels.
See - https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/sea-cep ... -frigates/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Polish Navy”