Battle of the Atlantic - WW II

Add your posts and photographs about battles and other actions in this section
Pelican

Re: Battle of the Atlantic - WWII

Unread post by Pelican »

BoA 80 - Archive of Images & Videos

We hope you've enjoyed our coverage of Battle of the Atlantic 80th anniversary events in Liverpool this weekend.
Our photographers LPhots Walton and Luke have worked like Trojans all weekend to capture the event.
You can download their pictures in high resolution - as you can all the public images the RN Photographic Branch take highlighting the work of the Senior Service around the globe - from our archive, which covers the past 20 or so years of Naval operations and activity.
Click here: https://imagery.royalnavy.mod.uk/fotoweb/Grid.fwx?
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Re: Battle of the Atlantic - WWII

Unread post by Pelican »

WW2: BATTLE OF THE ATLANTIC

AN ALLY'S GRATITUDE. 31 JANUARY 1944, LIVERPOOL. WHEN THE ROYAL HELLENIC NAVY TOOK OVER HHMS SALAMIS RECENTLY, IT WAS NOT ITS FIRST CONTACT WITH HER. HMS BOREAS, AS SHE WAS THEN, PICKED UP SEVERAL SURVIVORS OF THE ROYAL HELLENIC NAVY, VICTIMS OF A U-BOAT ATTACK.
THEY SHOWED THEIR GRATITUDE TO THE BRITISH DESTROYER BY PRESENTING HER WITH AN INSCRIBED SILVER CUP, AND COMMANDER GEORGACOPOULOS (HER PRESENT COMMANDER) WHO WAS GREEK NAVAL ATTACHE IN LONDON, HIMSELF THANKED THE OFFICERS AND MEN FOR THEIR GALLANT RESCUE OF HIS COUNTRYMEN. IWM.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Battles, other Actions and Naval History”