Brazilian Navy

Add your posts about Other Navies, not already listed, here
Brian James

Re: Brazilian Navy

Unread post by Brian James »

Following 16 years of service with the Royal Navy and another 26 years with the Marinha do Brasil, the Falklands War veteran Type 22 Frigate HMS Broadsword (pictured in the Irish sea in 1990) and sold to Brasil in 1995 and renamed BNS Greenhalgh was retired on August 10th 2021.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Brian James

Helicopter Carrier BNS Atlantico (Ex HMS Ocean), pictured exercising with Niterói-Class Frigate BNS Liberal on September 3rd 2021.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Brian James

Brazilian Ironclad Battleship Aquidabã pictured taking part with the International Squadron at the Columbian Naval Review at Hampton Roads in April 1893...Aquidabã was built at Samuda Brothers, Isle of Dogs, London; her keel was laid on June 18th 1883, and she was launched on January 17th 1885. After undergoing gunnery trials on August 14th, she sailed from England on December 16th, calling upon Lisbon and Bahia before reaching her ultimate destination of Rio de Janeiro on January 29th 1886. She sank on January 21st 1906 after a powder magazine exploded. A total of 212 people were killed, including three admirals and most of the officers of the ship; 98 crew survived.
designeraccd

Unread post by designeraccd »

Brazil's previous "prestige" ship: ex-French CV, renamed SAO PAULO. ;) DFO
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Babcock has signed a 4-year contract with the Brazilian Navy to provide in-country support to NAM Atlântico (Ex-HMS Ocean) based in Rio de Janeiro.
Includes deep maintenance, upgrades, technical advice, training and knowledge transfer.
See - https://twitter.com/NavyLookout/status/ ... 8935204868
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Brian James

Brazilian Navy Lead Ship, Dreadnought Battleship Minas Gerais pictured departing from Sir W G Armstrong Whitworth & Co Shipyards at Elswick, Newcastle-upon-Tyne for sea trials in August 1909.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

BAE to support radar on Brazilian flagship ‘Atlantico’

BAE Systems has signed a five-year contract to support its ARTISAN Radar on the Brazilian Navy’s flagship, the NAM Atlântico and former HMS Ocean.

The firm say that the new contract will provide through-life support for both the BAE Systems ARTISAN Radar and associated DNA2 Combat Management System (CMS) fitted to the NAM Atlântico, delivering class-leading operational availability to the flagship.

Continues at - https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/bae-to- ... atlantico/
Link from Tim.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Pelican wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:51 pm BAE to support radar on Brazilian flagship ‘Atlantico’

BAE Systems has signed a five-year contract to support its ARTISAN Radar on the Brazilian Navy’s flagship, the NAM Atlântico and former HMS Ocean.

The firm say that the new contract will provide through-life support for both the BAE Systems ARTISAN Radar and associated DNA2 Combat Management System (CMS) fitted to the NAM Atlântico, delivering class-leading operational availability to the flagship.

Continues at - https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/bae-to- ... atlantico/
Link from Tim.
BAE Systems wins Artisan radar deal for Brazilian Navy’s aircraft carrier

UK defence company BAE Systems has signed a five-year contract to support its Artisan radar on the Brazilian Navy’s flagship, the multipurpose aircraft carrier NAM Atlântico.

The new contract will provide through-life support for both the BAE Systems Artisan radar and associated DNA2 combat management system (CMS) fitted to the NAM Atlântico.

The Artisan radar aspect of the contract will deliver corrective and preventative maintenance including the provision of spare parts, which will be manufactured by BAE Systems in the UK and held in Brazil.

Continues at - https://www.navaltoday.com/2022/07/27/b ... t-carrier/

Link from Tim.
Brian James

Brazilian Ironclad Battleship BNS Riachuelo pictured at New York in 1907.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

SAO PAUL

Turkish officials confirmed today that the decommissioned Brazilian Navy carrier NAe São Paulo which was to have been dismantled at Aliaga has reversed course and is now heading back to Brazil. The tug towing the carrier changed its AIS signal now showing that they will arrive back in Rio de Janeiro on October 2. The two-month roundtrip is a similar fate to her sistership the French aircraft carrier Clemenceau which was also turned away by the Indian government in 2006.
See - https://maritime-executive.com/article/ ... -to-brazil
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Navies”