Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force

Add your posts about Other Navies, not already listed, here
Brian James

Re: Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force

Unread post by Brian James »

Lead Ship, Guided Missile Destroyer Takanami pictured conducting a RAS from Replenishment Oiler HMAS Supply......RIMPAC 2022.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
designeraccd

Unread post by designeraccd »

Two of the latest JMSDF designs: MOGAMI and ATAGO...........not a 57 mm popgun on either! :o DFO
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
designeraccd

Two of the JMSDF finest.....AEGIS DDGs ASHIGARA and MYOKO under going modernization work. :) DFO
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Japan Plans Giant Missile Defense Ships, Its Largest Post-WWII Surface Combatants

Japan’s ballistic missile defense capabilities are set to be overhauled by two new warships, replacing plans for the Aegis Ashore system.

See - https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/j ... combatants
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
designeraccd

A 20,000 ton missile "cruiser" with a crew of 110???? Uhh....... :o Good luck with that; even if they prove to be nothing more than a missile "barge" platform....110 crew?

For reference the 8500 ton Aegis DDG MAYA reportedly has a crew of 310! DFO
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Japan outfoxing China: Giant missile defense warships, Tokyo's largest surface combatants since WW 2

For around 75 years, China didn't contest Japan’s sovereignty over Senkaku Islands. Beijing altered its stance because of potential oil reserves in the East China Sea. Since 2008, China has repeatedly made incursions into Japanese territorial waters.

See - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82as8xpANzw

Link from Tim.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
designeraccd

Three views of the AKIZUKI; alas no twin 3.9s on this one........ ;) DFO
designeraccd

Here is the older ABUKUMA class in updated form.... :) DFO
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Warships are assembling off Yokosuka Japan today for International Fleet Review to mark the 70th anniversary of the JMSDF.
HMS TAMAR is there.

See Fleet Review 2022 at - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1T4sn3NECRw
Brian James

Unread post by Brian James »

Asahi Class Destroyer Shiranui pictured during Exercise Malabar 2022.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Navies”