Anne Muriel White 1939-2020

Want some off topic chat? Pull up a bar stool and make yourself at home here
ivorthediver

Anne Muriel White 1939-2020

Unread post by ivorthediver »

You may find this hard to believe , those who know me well , but I must report that "Chalky's" wife and Karen dear Mum passed away whilst we were at the hospital bedside today .

She was being treated for COPD and had been living with us since her return from Portugal a few years ago .

She was admitted to Addenbrooks in Cambridge last week after calling out the ambulance one night during a bad bout of coughing and admitted to reparatory care for observation .

We were advised that her health was deteriorating rapidly today and advised to go in despite covid blanket ban on visitors .

After two hours plus being her usual busy self and instructing the staff what to do [ she was after all a district Nurse in Brighton prior to moving to Portugal ] and gave the appearance of recovering back to her usual status , then as we were departing the palliative care Nurse advised further treatment which eased her distress and anxiety considerably and as we were about to leave she drifted away from us and was gone .

It seems to be a family trait whereby they were both from a broken mould and unique in character , and she will be sadly missed and I suspect she is back in Portugal sorting her former husband out and anyone that crossed her path ........she has left a void Certainly here and in the Algarve where she soaked up the sun 24/7 ........and smoked like a chimney whenever she could .......but that was how she wished to conduct her life........................... and who are we to sit in judgment of such a spirited lady

RIP Anne xxxx
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
jbryce1437

Re: Anne Muriel White 1939-2020

Unread post by jbryce1437 »

Sorry to learn of her passing Ivor.
Such sad news at this time of the year and I am sure that she will be greatly missed by you both.
I hope she is now at peace and reunited with Chalky.
My condolences to you and Karen.

Jim
HMS Raleigh 1963 , HMS Collingwood 1963 & 67 , HMS Ark Royal 1964-7, HMS Undaunted 1968-71, HMS Victory (Fleet Maintenance Group) 1971-72, HMS Exmouth 1972-74
JEM, EM, OEM, LOEM, POOEL
Then 28 years in the Fire Brigade
Retired since 2002
DaveH

Unread post by DaveH »

Dear Karen & Ivor

Very sad news indeed . We know how close you were to your mum and our thoughts and prayers are with you both .

She is now at rest reunited with Chalky and will be forever in your hearts .

Much love

Dave & Betty
Little h

Unread post by Little h »

Ivor so sorry to read of her passing.
Sad news but she is now reunited with Chalky - my sincere condolences to yourself and Karen.
Little h
ivorthediver

Thank you both Lads , been down to "Worthing" today to visit Karens Brother who has terminal brain cancer and on palliative care at St Barnabas centre ,....... and she has to visit the funeral director first thing as we now have a provisional date for Mum's Cremation on the 15th January :(
ivorthediver

Well Today was the day that Karens Mum [ Chalky's Wife] was cremated and the service celebrating her life was held today at a Cambridge cremation centre near Saffron Walden .

The service was both emotional and professional in its entirety and indicative of the the modern theme dictated by the Covid period we the survivors live in .

I'm sure that todays service was inline with those held elsewhere in this Covid net , but I was impressed by the slick services available to use , and whilst I accept that "Old" silver surfers like me lose contact with reality , todays service was spread world wide on the "net" to friends who new Karens mum , [who commented on the clarity of the service ], and the deceased survivors are offered fingerprinted embossed jewellery keepsakes by the funeral Directors , and whilst the wearing of face masks is compulsory , social distancing is enforced by seating restrictions and with no singing allowed by the congregation all hymns were prerecorded and sung by choirs displayed on huge screens , all in all a very normal yet automated service tastefully presented .

The funeral directors will produce a copy of the service held today to enable those who missed the live broadcast to view it "live" for a further 28 days

So yet another soul leaves us behind.
jbryce1437

Unread post by jbryce1437 »

No doubt a very emotional day and it is nice to learn that everything was conducted with compassion. Very sad times that we cannot pay our full respects to our friends and family in the usual manner. As they say, the only time that families get together are for weddings and funerals. With the covid vaccine becoming more widely distributed I hope that we can get back to normality sooner, rather than later.

RIP Anne Muriel White

Jim
HMS Raleigh 1963 , HMS Collingwood 1963 & 67 , HMS Ark Royal 1964-7, HMS Undaunted 1968-71, HMS Victory (Fleet Maintenance Group) 1971-72, HMS Exmouth 1972-74
JEM, EM, OEM, LOEM, POOEL
Then 28 years in the Fire Brigade
Retired since 2002
ivorthediver

Thank you for those kind comments Jim , and yes lets hope we do.... as you say most of us fall into "the Weddings and Funeral" family meeting bracket unlike our youth where it was more frequent and normal to periodically meet and greet .......not all modern things are improvements eh .. ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “The Wardroom”