Naval Tug ? Mk2

Building a model? Need help with it? Show the work in progress or the completed project, etc.
TerraNova

Re: Naval Tug ? Mk2

Unread post by TerraNova »

Ivor: Well done. One hopes that she will be sailing shortly.
ivorthediver

Unread post by ivorthediver »

She sails most weekends , and recovering other model makers at my local club when the enthusiasm over takes caution and pre launch checks , but hey thats life is it not TN ?
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
ivorthediver

Well due to other commitments , I took my model down to the lake and had a very enjoyable two hour duty of recovering and assisting fellow modellers I had on a loverly summers day

There are two views of this to be drawn ......why ......and for what purpose .

Why ....simple to answer , it keeps my piloting skills honed , even thou I prattle on about having to empty the boot to pack in all the gear needed and equipment which may be needed ......and to catch up with other projects made by others , and to assist those unfortunate enough to have difficulties whilst out on the lake and tow them back to the waters edge

For what purpose , well I may be old and infirm , but I can remember all the mistakes I made and those who often stopped to help me overcome problems which I had made and to offer advice to those who sought it without being a condescending smart arse ...., and to avoid those who were self nominated experts looking for adulation ;)

She still performs well I am glad to say but like all things is showing signs of wear and abuse ......just like her owner :oops: ....
I will endeavour to offer her a little TLC and get her back to her former beauty in the coming weeks ....thanks for looking in again .
jbryce1437

Unread post by jbryce1437 »

Well done Ivor, a short refit should suffice.

Jim
HMS Raleigh 1963 , HMS Collingwood 1963 & 67 , HMS Ark Royal 1964-7, HMS Undaunted 1968-71, HMS Victory (Fleet Maintenance Group) 1971-72, HMS Exmouth 1972-74
JEM, EM, OEM, LOEM, POOEL
Then 28 years in the Fire Brigade
Retired since 2002
ivorthediver

Hopefully :( Jim . I'll let you know .
ivorthediver

Well that was a nice afternoon in the Sun , checking out the Tug , tidying up and repairing "Accidents" whilst in transit to the lake and back , and tidying up the paintwork ready for a trip out this weekend .

As all you modellers know its one continuous refurb with Working models never mind ones with complex propulsion systems and steerage to complicate matters ;)

Repainted the deck again , as I like to keep it matt green, but that doesn't weather very well so needs to be tarted up now and then :roll: .

Never mind if all goes well I can look forward to a couple of hours "down Time" and my good lady can enjoy a well earned break and lay in.

With the recent trips , house repairs and "Jobs to be done list" it is a couple of months since I last went so can catch up on all the gossip and give the tug a good run out and blow the cobwebs out of the rigging :)
DaveH

Unread post by DaveH »

Bon Voyage matey , watch out for the Ducks and the Anoraks . Talk soon .
ivorthediver

Ahh the Naval experts season Dave, [who's knowledge goes no higher than their naval] yes were open season for them know as I'm sure you know mate .....look forward to hearing from you mate ..
ivorthediver

Had a great time down at the lake today , prior to the bad weather breaking just as we were clearing away , so we’re quite lucky .
A blustery day but nothing the old Girl couldn’t handle , but the yachts were being laid flat on the water most of the time .

Met up with a close friend whom I have known for years who I wish I could emulate in his finish details , but as he said himself “ any idiot can build a kit with all the parts and a plan to follow ....not like you who can build a boat from scratch with just the picture in your mind to guide you by :oops:

As I said a good friend who knows how to cheer one up .

You will see he to has bought a trolly like mine and thinks there brilliant and the best way to move models around without bashing them about ;)
Hope you like his model and the detail it contains ....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jbryce1437

Unread post by jbryce1437 »

Lovely models Ivor, is the first one an Envoy Class tug, she looks similar to Enigma which was discussed on another thread recently.

Jim
HMS Raleigh 1963 , HMS Collingwood 1963 & 67 , HMS Ark Royal 1964-7, HMS Undaunted 1968-71, HMS Victory (Fleet Maintenance Group) 1971-72, HMS Exmouth 1972-74
JEM, EM, OEM, LOEM, POOEL
Then 28 years in the Fire Brigade
Retired since 2002
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Model Makers Section”