RN other topics

Post anything about Marine Engineering on this thread
oldsalt

Re: RN other topics

Unread post by oldsalt »

Me & my wife have had our second innoculation of the vaccination, we are guaranteed never to get chinky toe rot again! :lol: :roll:
ivorthediver

Unread post by ivorthediver »

Put Fu Fu on the Chinky toe rot Keith :roll:
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

SELF EXPLANTORY
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
oldsalt

Unread post by oldsalt »

May be the footballers should take notice, nobody else cares about their look at me gestures.
ivorthediver

Dare not publish my thoughts on that topic Keith ....... :(
oldsalt

Unread post by oldsalt »

On this web site I posted a picture of Unicorn straddling the Suez canal, I had a giggle at the reports saying the recent blockage was the first. My problem I think is living for a long time with a pretty good memory.
ivorthediver

Well Keith a man of your years must surely know that the only thing that ever comes out of the "Media" is at best But S...T and at worst misquotes ,
surely this Covid debacle has underlined that kind Sir ;)
jbryce1437

Unread post by jbryce1437 »

oldsalt wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:21 pm On this web site I posted a picture of Unicorn straddling the Suez canal, I had a giggle at the reports saying the recent blockage was the first. My problem I think is living for a long time with a pretty good memory.
Keith, not sure if you posted the pic of Unicorn straddling Suez in 1953 on the old Forum, here it is

Jim

unicorn blocking suez canal 1953.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HMS Raleigh 1963 , HMS Collingwood 1963 & 67 , HMS Ark Royal 1964-7, HMS Undaunted 1968-71, HMS Victory (Fleet Maintenance Group) 1971-72, HMS Exmouth 1972-74
JEM, EM, OEM, LOEM, POOEL
Then 28 years in the Fire Brigade
Retired since 2002
oldsalt

Unread post by oldsalt »

I see the RN is striving to recruit more females. On a destroyer I was in we did an exercise part of which was to recover an unconcious sailor from the bottom of a fuel tank. In the limited space & the requirement for speed it took severel hefty stokers to accomplish the rescue. Somehow, I just cannot imagine a similar number of females ensuring the rescue. I hope my fear for the RN & other forces being unable to cope in a serious situation will not be the outcome. The Woke brigade with their dogma are ruining our fighting services, but who cares?
oldsalt

Unread post by oldsalt »

Did anyone see the new TV warship programme? It's unbelievable, the Captain changing his own bedding, given to him by his kids. The dramatics caused by the sight ofa Russian ship, God knows how they would have coped in the real Cold War of the 50's & 60's. In Hecla we were shadowed by a Russian destroyer in the Arctic Circle, they were only a few hundred yards away, or the occassion when a Russian almost collided with Ark Royal. My heart bled for the Chef who had to miss phoning his Mum each day, I know she wasn't well, but it was for only a couple of days. The mystery in these Tv programmes is that they have found a way of moving the ship without engines, they never mention the machinery or venture into machinery spaces. Maybe It's because I am getting on a bit & it is nearly 50 years since I left the mob, but watching these programmes my heart sinks.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “The Stokers Thread”