Dog Boats

Have a look at some of the masterpieces created by Jim Rae
Vegaskip

Dog Boats

Unread post by Vegaskip »

Two Fairmile 'D' class MTBs returning from a cross channel sortie
w/c 13.5” X 11.75”
3B005D88-0A42-4364-BAF7-E6FF4A693FE2.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ivorthediver

Re: Dog Boats

Unread post by ivorthediver »

Thank you Jim for posting these emotive pictures .

I have come to the conclusion that I , like you , am addicted to my hobby in much the same way as you in that despite the response you get to your hard work you continue in an additive state regardless of the response from others as its your passion and it gives you a purpose .....would that I was to talented ........well done you ...
"What Ever Floats your Boat"
timlewin

Unread post by timlewin »

I remember when TTL was Captain F17 we lived in South Milton, a spit from Salcombe where we used to sail and I could enjoy messing about in my little pram dinghy there was a former Navy family, I think the name was Dawkins, who lived in a converted Fairmile D in "the bag" which is a wide opening in the estuary. We visited them a few times, their boat was very spacious without the enormous engines and fuel tanks, 3 or was it 4 Packard V12s?, such handsome lines but they suffered badly from wood rot by then, 1961-3.
great stuff Jim

tim
Vegaskip

Unread post by Vegaskip »

Yet again 69th Canadian Flotilla MTBs. You couldn’t mistake then for warships. One of my favourite types of vessel.
Jim
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Jims Paintings”