Remembrance 2020 a private affair

Honour our War Dead here and post your photos of your local Remembrance Day events
timlewin

Remembrance 2020 a private affair

Unread post by timlewin »

Dear All,
Here are a few pictures of the British Embassy's Remembrance event in Moscow, all very spaced out and no veterans this year thanks to the prevalence of the wretched virus, subdued, but no one is forgotten. Some of you will recognise our Sasha Goncharov standing outside the church with British defence attaché Capt. Foreman RN.
tim
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
timlewin

Re: Remembrance 2020 a private affair

And from HMSB.....

Tune in tomorrow, Tuesday 10th November, at 7.30pm for the National Historic Ships Annual Awards Ceremony 2020.
This years ceremony was filmed onboard HMS Belfast so tune in to see IWM Curator, Rob Rumble, tell fascinating stories in the Sick Bay and Arctic Mess Deck and find out the 2020 winners of categories including the Photo Competition and Excellence in Maritime Conservation Awards.

You can watch the virtual ceremony here: http://nationalhistoricships.org.uk/page/awards-2020 #NatHistShipsAwards2020
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jbryce1437

Unread post by jbryce1437 »

Many thanks for the photos Tim. I usually go to my local war memorial but was ill advised to stay at home. Looked on Facebook later and there were lots of people there paying their respects, while adhering to social distancing. Went for a quiet walk instead and watch the coverage at the Cenotaph in Whitehall of TV. The attached photo was taken outside a local church while on my walk.

Jim
DSC02265a.jpg
HMS Raleigh 1963 , HMS Collingwood 1963 & 67 , HMS Ark Royal 1964-7, HMS Undaunted 1968-71, HMS Victory (Fleet Maintenance Group) 1971-72, HMS Exmouth 1972-74
JEM, EM, OEM, LOEM, POOEL
Then 28 years in the Fire Brigade
Retired since 2002
timlewin

and one from early this morning, bugler, sound Colours...
timlewin

And this from the Canadian cemetery at Brookwook, a quiet and dignified tribute sent in by the High Commission, before D-day the Canadians were camped all round my house which was then a farm, the big house was the officers mess. Crowhurst is proud of its Canadian connections.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “The Remembrance Thread”