Remembrance Day

Navy related media items
Pelican

Remembrance Day

Unread post by Pelican »

HMS SUTHERLAND SAILOR TURNS AMMO INTO FUNDRAISING POPPIES FOR REMEMBRANCE

A sailor from HMS Sutherland has turned weapons of war into hundreds of poppies of peace to help veterans during Remembrance.

Over the past three months, Petty Officer Andy Kirkaldy has made use of all his spare time aboard the Plymouth-based frigate to craft unique poppies for his shipmates – raising money for the Royal British Legion in the process.

Andy, who is responsible for maintaining Sutherland’s missile systems, has raised nearly £1,000 for the Legion – far more than he expected when he began crafting the small brass badges in the summer.

The 35-year-old, originally from Helensburgh on the Clyde, is from a naval family – he’s followed his dad and sister into the Senior Service – and wanted to use his combined engineering and artistic skills to good effect.

Continues, including video and photos at:
https://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/news-and-l ... nd-poppies

[Harry - Spent Rounds]
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Re: Remembrance Day

Unread post by Pelican »

'TAKING THE KNEE'
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Forthcoming Films, TV Shows, Exhibitions and Events”