The Overall Picture

Add your posts about the Russian Navy in this section
Pelican

Re: The Overall Picture

Unread post by Pelican »

HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

Frederik Van Lokeren
Russia's naval deployment in the Mediterranean on the morning of May-18 as reported by OSINT.
A significant reduction in combat strength as well as the means to maintain the Libyan Express.
OSINT also increases the reporting of Russian oil tankers.

Russian forces in the Mediterranean - Wk20/2023
May 17, 2024
https://russianfleetanalysis.blogspot.c ... 02023.html
HMS Pelican 1938 - 1958 GGCV L86 U86 F86 What I Have I Hold ~ A wonderful bird is the Pelican its beak can hold more than its belly can.
Pelican

Unread post by Pelican »

The UK Defense Intelligence Reveals What New Instructions Will Be Given to russian Forces

New journal aims to indoctrinate russian troops with communist-era ideology

The russian MOD’s main political directorate issued Politruk, a new journal for political instruction for the Armed Forces on May 22, 2024. The journal is intended to help political instructors in the Armed Forces in their political education of soldiers. An introductory article by Deputy Defense Minister Gen-Col Viktor Goremykin, who heads the Main Political Directorate of the Armed Forces, makes clear that the new journal draws heavily on the legacy of Soviet era military publications aimed at the political education of military personnel. A Main Political Directorate was set up in the MOD in 2018, as it was felt then that it was necessary to re-introduce political education into the Armed Forces, according to the UK Defense Intelligence.

Viktor Goremykin cites Stalin on the importance of political education of soldiers and the need to mortally hate the enemy. The journal emphasizes that the enemy in Ukraine today is the same as the enemy the Soviet Union was fighting, namely the Nazis. A map of Ukraine published in the journal is used to support arguments, casting doubt on the authenticity of Ukrainian statehood, and hence to justify the invasion.

See https://en.defence-ua.com/news/the_uk_d ... 10641.html
Brian James

Unread post by Brian James »

Project 14170 Terrier Class Coastguard Patrol Boat No 460 pictured in refit at Almaz Shipbuilding Yards at Saint Petersburg on May 27th 2024.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Russian Navy”